• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

(Possibly) a stupid question on a RF failsafe....

This has been bothering me for some time and I can't stand it any longer... How the devil did you get that cat to wear a foil hat? Chloroform?

This has been bothering me for some time and I can't stand it any longer... How the devil did you get that cat to wear a foil hat? Chloroform?

Paul,
On a similar note, I've been wondering about something as well. According to your original WWDX user name, you were a self-styled "Crotchety Old Bastard from Oklahoma."
What happened? Spiritual awakening? Find a #2 washtub full of patience buried out back? Win the lottery?

Last edited:

LOL....its actually not me. I don't even own a cat. I just thought it was a funny pic I found on the net somewhere. When I tell people I am into amateur radio, they usually look at me like I am some kind of tin-foil hat wearing anarchist nut job, so I felt the pic fit.

Reactions: Riverman
Without getting into it, read the NEC about grounding, both safety grounding and RF grounding. I gets very 'involved' very quickly. A single ground rod 8 feet long or 80 feet long is almost useless for RF.

NEC = National Electrical Code

Well that is dissapointing. I was aware more would be better, but figured 1 is better than none....

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.