• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Predator 10 k Antenna

skip searcher

Nov 17, 2006
IRELAND
Any members know if there are any distributors , in the Western USA I've googled those brand of Antenna's and have sent a couple of messages to a company who builds these sticks , but haven't had any reply's . I'm looking for a 22 inch single coil Antenna for a freightliner cascadia I'm basically looking for any shops on the road that sell these radios ..

What mount do you plan on using? I had the 27 inch single coil on that aluminum "C" shaped mirror bracket on my Cascadia, and it sucks. Vibration over the period of 3 months finally made the mount give up the ghost. It cracked at the top ear, so now I'm gonna use it as a pattern to make a new mount out of stainless steel. The antenna on the other hand rocks!

What mount do you plan on using? I had the 27 inch single coil on that aluminum "C" shaped mirror bracket on my Cascadia, and it sucks. Vibration over the period of 3 months finally made the mount give up the ghost. It cracked at the top ear, so now I'm gonna use it as a pattern to make a new mount out of stainless steel. The antenna on the other hand rocks![/QUOTE

I've bought a t shaped bar which is designed for the cascadia mirror , if you screw to of the bolts out of the mirror bracket and mount the t shaped cascadia bar as for a mount I'm gonna buy a Wilson mount with the coax cable as they look quite strong once I purchase the 22 inch predator 10 k

I've bought a t shaped bar which is designed for the cascadia mirror , if you screw to of the bolts out of the mirror bracket and mount the t shaped cascadia bar as for a mount I'm gonna buy a Wilson mount with the coax cable as they look quite strong once I purchase the 22 inch predator 10 k

I think you're talking about the same bracket I had, the one with the aluminum perch welded to the middle of a "C" shaped bracket? You take out the front two bolts and use the two longer ones that come with the mount. I would STONGLY suggest using a heavy duty stud instead of the typical 239 style stud that you would normally use on a standard whip antenna. Those are gonna eventually come apart and that Predator will end up on the side of the road. It's a heavy antenna, and with wind resistance and bumps in the road, will put a lot of stress on your mount. Just keep a close eye on your bracket/mount and watch for cracks.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.