• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President 2 v3 or Anyone AT-6666

CB590

W9WDX Member
Jun 29, 2016
Trenton Nj
www.590dx.com
Decided I didn't need CW and the newer AT-6666 versions seem to be good if you watch the RF power..

Anyone got the newer 6666?

They are $260 right now..

They seem to be reviewing better than the standard Lincoln 2 v3 (not Plus model).

This would be a 'base' and not used mobile.

Thoughts..

Decided I didn't need CW and the newer AT-6666 versions seem to be good if you watch the RF power..

They seem to be reviewing better than the standard Lincoln 2 v3 (not Plus model).

Thoughts..
They have a lincoln 2 + at walcott which is the newest version
. i have both and Linc 2+ is the way better rig

Thoughts..
Seems to be the nicest radio I ever had. I would recommend it. No overheating issues with mine yet.

Seems to be the nicest radio I ever had. I would recommend it. No overheating issues with mine yet.

@matrix..Walcott is where I was looking at v3+ for $284 shipped and modded.

The base v3+ is $249.. The v3 standard is $229..

The AT6666 is $260 on Amazon and ready to go aka modded.

Budget is tight hence my questions

Budget is tight hence my questions
Budget aside you are aware that 10 (as is 12 meters) meters is a dead band for the most part. While getting into 10 cheaply is a noble idea I just hope you don't get turned off amateur radio because there is nobody to talk to. When 10 is open its a world wide band but its not open a lot these days and will not be for years. 15, 17, 20 and 40 are much better options these days.

You are putting money towards something that would be in my opinion better served in the bank till you can afford a real rig.

Reactions: sp5it and 222DBFL
You are putting money towards something that would be in my opinion better served in the bank till you can afford a real rig.

I second that.

Spend the money once and get a nice affordable real HF rig to go with your newly acquired license rather than be stuck with a limited glorified CB that's only good for the " Break Break and I just got down" crowd.

As others have said, it could be a couple of years until any steady activity appears on 10 and 12 meters.

You can easily find a used Cobra 29 or 148 CB for less than $50 if the need to do the "Break Break and I just got down" thing still compels you.

Be patient and I would suggest to take this time to save up a bit and maybe focus on your newest member of your family soon to arrive.

Best of luck!

Just sold a Galaxy DX929 for $150 to fund this change to 10m for ham and yet hopefully retain the ability to get 11m.

My limit is like I said $250.

Used don't cut it.. if it breaks and no warranty I'm gonna feel angry.

I don't see me getting any funds till next tax season, and then with baby on way in December I'm about broke for sure. Did I mention the new wife wants to move using said tax money..

I have a nice TMV71a for my 2m/70cm needs which is pretty hot locally with all the repeaters and my local ham club.

Used don't cut it.. if it breaks and no warranty I'm gonna feel angry.
Just as an FYI in my 30 years as a ham I have only bought 1 new radio, all the rest were used. I was only burned once and that was on a CB, yep a CB a Cobra 139xlr. I currently use a Yaesu 101ZDMKIII, bought used for $250, an ICOM 706MKIIG bought used for $400 including screwdriver antenna. Oh the new radio? ICOM 2000 two meter.

Reactions: 222DBFL
RADIOHF - FOR SALE: KENWOOD TS-520S with SP-520
KENWOOD TS-520S transceiver with SP-520 external speaker. Includes manual and Kenwood box. Both are fully functional and recently used on air but are being sold as is due to their age. $200 plus shipping. Paypal accepted. AC9MV
Listing #1323761 by AC9MV
Last Edited on 04/26/17
Submitted on 04/25/17
Submitted from IP 196.52.21.167
Click Here to Email
1323761.jpg

520/+Spr... MUST BE SOLD>>>ADD REMOVED IN a few Hours

Kenwood TS570D
Selling my used Kenwood TS570D HF rig works great with no problems, comes with mic and power cord... functions on all bands 160-10 asking $350 shipped payment via PayPal my PayPal is bbm1989 at gmail.com feel free to ask any questions I selling the rig to start a fund for a TS590
Listing #1323827 - Submitted on 04/26/17 by Callsign KD8JBS - IP: 96.sub-174-233-130.myvzw.com
Click Here to Email -- Click Here to View Picture -- Send this Ad to a Friend

1323827.jpg

Nice rig here for the price!!!....And just guessing...by the frequency on the display...it's had the "MARS" mod already done!:LOL:

Kenwood TS-820s
Selling my TS-820s because I'm buying a 530sp from a friend. Works great 100+ watts output. All filters. A few marks on top. Dent on back corner thanks to shipping when I bought it. Doesn't affect operation. Owners and service manual included. Prefer local pickup but will ship. Shipping will be UPS with boxing and insurance. Buyer pays shipping boxing plus insurance. $225.00 plus shipping.
Listing #1323446 - Submitted on 04/23/17 by Callsign N0QOK - IP: d6-234.rb2.clm.centurytel.net

thumb_1323446.jpg

I have bought and sold many rigs over the years and never got a bum deal on a radio from another Ham,
I did purchase an amplifier last year at a Hamfest that needed some work but in 37 years as a Ham, I would say that's pretty good.
Best of Luck, Congrats to you and the new family on the way.
All the Best
Gary/W9FNB

Last edited:
That 570 is a good price! Bet it won't last long. And it looks like it's been well taken care of. Would about buy it myself if I didn't already have too many radios!!!

Reactions: Blackcat630
I would choose the President Lincoln II + over the Anytone 6666 - better build quality and a company that has been around for a long time.

Anytone radios work well but I've found their faceplates etc, just are a little cheaper feel overall.

That 570 is a good price! Bet it won't last long. And it looks like it's been well taken care of. Would about buy it myself if I didn't already have too many radios!!!

Yea I thought so...figured that would last a day maybe!!!....
The 520 and matching speaker for $200 lasted till about noon...guess they thought a working rig for that price was good also...
All the Best
Gary

I ended up ordering President Lincoln 2 Plus model from Sky-tronics here in US. Came real close to a Quad 5, but didn't have ctcss and I have some local 10 meter repeaters near me.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.