• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President George mic

9wire

Dec 20, 2016
Recently aquired a George, but it didn't come with the original mic, from my reading it appears the stock mic had a built in amp like a 257/deltaforce and is wired the same, can I use one if I can locate one?

president George mic is not preamplified
it is just a dynamic mic used the same mic housing as the hr2510
however had a zener and a resistor in the up/down wiring,
the 13vdc voltage present on pin 6 was for the up button logic only (do not short this pin to any other!)

the 257 mic is not wired the "same" it could work but not sure if the up button logic will work correctly.
frankly the audio from a stock George mic is just fine as the George has a on board mic amp section anyway which is the same sub board as the echo

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 2
If it is the same as the President Grant II a 6 pin Magnum mic will talk just fine but the up/down buttons do not work.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.