• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President Grant 2........?

Playin' around with the radio today and looking at the screen I notice some bubbling... well low and behold. The radio did come with a screen protector when it was shipped.
This whole time I didn't think it was there but it was. Seeing as it was bubbling I went ahead and took it off.
Screen is looking very sharp now seeing as it's been protected since I got it.

I wouldn't switch out my Optima for any of those radios you listed.
wow!! 2510, 5010, lincoln are my favorites . some of the best recievers ive ever had.
local hams here tell me there the next best thing to a true hf rig [icom,kenwood]
guess the optima is more of a hf rig ,or just hf rig quaility

It was some time ago George, late 90's as I recall. Looking on Google Streetview it looks like its a generic kebab/pizza type place now whereas at the time it was just a fish and chip shop run by a Scot.

Most are kebab/pizza/curry shops now, chippies are fewer and fewer and only a few decent ones left in Glasgow and clyde area,

tbh I prefer an English cod fish supper to Scottish ones, especially haddock thats most common here, I prefer whiting as its halfway between the two and bones thin, whereas cod is a fillet with no bones and haddock can have lethal ones, cod tastes least fishy, followed whiting and haddock too, only one chippy i know here does cod, a couple whiting,which i usually go for but 95% is haddock and its too coarse,dry and fishy for me,not to mention bones like javelins.

Some are so bad fuck knows what fish they are using,pollock or coalfish or something. give me cod in a harbour english town every time, when i stayed in bridlington fish suppers were awesome, as is scarborough and blackpool.

One i had dinner in today does whiting and is decent, also does decent king rib suppers, like a bbq pork grillsteak in batter.also does lunchtime special 1 fish,chips and can of pepsi for 3.29.saying that my local chippy is only 4.80 for a decent 2 fish supper, 2 suasage or hamburgers is 3.30 so not too bad, the other one in the town is shit by comparison and much dearer.

one i was in today did a promotion on 28th of last month,all suppers a £1, sold 1400, generates a lot of new custom for him and publicity,does it on the shop opening anniversary every year, great wee shop. i'm only in the area fortnightly, so missed it, but rarely pass it when i'm there, its not as big as the one in Saltcoates. Its a pity you didn't know saltcoates area because in neighbouring Stevenston was one of the best chippies in Scotland, it was special but not sure if its still there, been about 10 years since i was last delivering/daytripping down that bit of ayrshire, but know the area well as used to deliver to all the chinese in saltcoates,ardrossan,stevenston,west kilbride and irvine and surrounding area.nice part of scotland :)

none of them touch the grill box at local indians, pizza box with salad,chips,donner meat,chicken chat,chicken tikka and lamb tikka and chicken pakora,you get a pitta bread and 2 sauces with the 10" for 9.50,nan/sauces with 12" for 14 quid and 16" is monstrous, its 19 quid,all are 1.50 delivery, you need to be fucking mega munchied for a 16" job, muchy box is the same with the 2 tikkas substituted for veg and mushroom pakora and are cheaper. but i prefer the grill box, nice with a curry dipping sauce as well as the chili kebab sauce and milder/creamier pakora sauce.

foreign 3 in 1's or 4 in 1's outnumber chippies about 5 to 1 now,when i was young was the opposite, chinese are huge here too. Glasgow takes the munchies to a whole new dimension, lol.

chinese buffets are coolest of all, eat as much as you like for 6.95 afternoor 7.95 evening,PURE KWALITY MAN,as we say in GLESGA. ;)

would love to get in about some of they man v food US challenges on tv,3 joints and half the population of Glasgow would beat them,lol.:D

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated