• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President Grant 2........?

Looks like one I'll give a miss. I don't know what it is about modern CBs but the receive audio sounds like crap. Tinny and too much noise. Seems to be the way all stuff is heading. I don't know whether its from using SMD components or DSP or what.

Think I'd have to hear one with a decent extension speaker.

So how much $$$ we talking?

Well firstly the cheapest it is advertised at is £189 here in the UK (now that is so cheap for this).

Just an update I have been up to a local high spot today in my mobile and with a UK built Super Modulator centre loaded antenna (built mid 80's) worked many stations ,got a lot of footage of 38 LSB, Superbowl and many QSOs on the UK band.
All have commented on superb "BBC" audio.
If not today I will upload the video to Youtube tommorow night.

It has had a full 10 hours of airtime this weekend and at this point looks a modern day classic.

Dave

Well,I noticed that the Grant 2 has more electrolytics and the CPU is probably burnt just for the Grant. Uniden must of heard from the amateur community about the roger beep and gave a option to switch that off. A radio for the most part isn't a 11 meter radio,hench,no FFC type accepted label and hamstringing. The display would appeal more to the ham community but personally I wish it had more colors to choose from. But less to go wrong here. I might just get in line and get me one or two of these.
For comparison: CBRadioMagazine.com - Uniden Bearcat 980 SSB

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated