• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President Grant II

9C1Driver

Aug 13, 2008
Trying to find some mic wiring information on this 6 pin radio. I'm hoping it's the same as Magnum 6 pin but since one of the pins is hot I'm not plugging a Magnum or RCI mic in until after I know for sure. Does anyone also know which trimmer pot will adjust the AM carrier? I will open up the radio here when I get a day off work and see if the board is labeled, that would make it easy.

Popped the cover on this radio last night and WOW, that SMT electronics is tiny tiny tiny. I don't know how anyone can even work on that stuff.

Trying to find some mic wiring information on this 6 pin radio. I'm hoping it's the same as Magnum 6 pin but since one of the pins is hot I'm not plugging a Magnum or RCI mic in until after I know for sure. Does anyone also know which trimmer pot will adjust the AM carrier? I will open up the radio here when I get a day off work and see if the board is labeled, that would make it easy.

Popped the cover on this radio last night and WOW, that SMT electronics is tiny tiny tiny. I don't know how anyone can even work on that stuff.

mic wiring page 52 of manual
have included board map showing adjustments

Attachments

• Grant_II_ASC_EN.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
  • president grant II board map.JPG
    president grant II board map.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 5
Thank you for the reply. I ended up finding the mic wiring in the manual as you posted. Also have the AM carrier down where I need it. Seems to be a great radio, take care.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?