• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

PRESIDENT Lincoln II

I wonder if the Optima is just the modifiable version of the Rat Shack HTX-10. If it's basically the same rig then I can understand why guys here like it. It might be one of if not the best 10m exports available.

Reactions: 1 person
Yea for sure I agree. Though it's a rock and a hard place kind of situation. Those that want a new model (small, mobile etc), like myself, are essentially stuck with one of these export options. I'm surprised that there isn't THE perfect radio with great everything and perfect reviews seeing as we're in 2014 now but hey, what can ya do. I guess it's between the optima and grant2 for me now, I'm 'moving up' from a 980 and think the grant would probably be a good step.

Regardless like I said, the hobby has been around for ages and given all of our technical advances and from the outside looking in, I find it difficult to understand why radios nowadays are all full of give and take and pros and cons. Major ones at that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
have you looked at the galaxy 979??its same size [or about] asa cobra 29 with a front mic.
ya a little bigger than a cre ,optima, 980 . but might also work

That's for the suggestion! I looked at them for a while but it's just the lack of freq. counter and ssb drift that eventually turned me off. Apparently a great sounding TX/RX radio though! Just want something a little more stable in my mobile so I'm not going down the highway, changing lanes and messing with the clarifier, lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've sold about 50 cre8900's and heard nothing but great things about it. No performance issues whatsoever. If its a turd, its a pretty good turd.

I guess the bottom line is, when you talk into the mic, other people hear you and it sounds fantastic. It doesn't drift. 7 digit frequency counter. I think the performance is better than the rci2950.

Then gain, I'm just an ordinary end user that likes to use kits of different types of equipment.

Good for them, as long as everyone is happy and your making $$$$, all is good. I won't duplicate here, why the 8900 is a turd, this forum is chock full of hard anecdotal evidence as to why the radio is junk.

You'll want to get that info from whatever dealer u order from. For the time being, owners that imported these units are probably SOL. President, in the beginning, was saying these radios aren't approved for sale in the the states.

Key CB in Indiana is the warranty center for CRE. Not sure where or when President will have any stateside options. Since they've never had any anyways, it's unlikely they ever will.

Last edited:
Good for them, as long as everyone is happy and your making $$$$, all is good. I won't duplicate here, why the 8900 is a turd, this forum is chock full of hard anecdotal evidence as to why the radio is junk.
just curious as why u didnt like the cre? after reading many reviews
and youtube vids ive seen mixed reviews . also curiuos where u got it
from. i dont doubt your reasons just trying to figure out the mixed reviews
as for lincoln 2 ive seen they got a version 2 hopefully better

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.