• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

PRESIDENT Lincoln II

CbRMag! You are always the most sensible when it comes to putting your two sense in. Most guys get personally attached like the Ford vs Crappy, sorry, I mean Chevy guys. .....see what I mean? Hit a nerve didn't I?

I'm not so quick to label things a "turd" unless it "drives like a car" but is a "great off-road vehicle". No such thing. I want a truck that drives like a truck. If I wanted a station wagon, I'd get a suburban. Enuf of the truck metaphors but the point is, if it's not the brand we use, it's a "turd". I had somebody that wrote me an entire book on why mosfets don't work. Not was he convincing. I just replied back with, "Just made a contact in Canada with my Magnum 257HP. To bad it didn't count." My point is, I agree that we get too critical and take it so personally that we can't see the forest through the trees.

To one person a great radio is one that is a LOUD AM'er with awesome sounding echo. To another guy, the radio sucks because it has echo. We all like different things. Yes, it needs to work and continue to work. Love the cre8900 performance. Sounds like that turd floats, for a while anyway.

Anyway, always appreciate you weighing in.

CbRadiosPRONTO

The European bloggers are to anxious to get one to review. The factory needs to send prototypes to individuals with RF engineering backgrounds instead of popular hobby enthusiasts that run a blog and post YouTube videos.

Reactions: 2 people
I think we're also getting radios that aren't tested as thoroughly as they should be because the manufacturers are being forced to get them to market quickly and at a low cost. If you know that as soon as you have a prototype the Chinese company is already figuring out a way to clone it and sell it cheaper, you have to get to market first. Our demand for low cost products also means quality control is going to suffer.

The Lincoln II is at low cost ... where???? overpriced ...

I don't know how many people here bought radios in the 70's or 80's but you get a lot more for your dollar nowadays, especially when you adjust for inflation. We've become so used to the low pricing on radios that the Lincoln II may seem overpriced at $299 but in reality it's really not (as long as it lasts a number of years longer than the CRE8900) :).

In 1977 if you purchased a Radio Shack TRC-200 single channel walkie talkie CB for $99.95 that same radio would cost $391.17 when adjusted for inflation.

71eCS361k0L._SL1500_.jpg
Did you read the part in the ad about the electronic slide boost? Don't try that with your 8 pill hooked up :)

The Galaxy 979 which is a solid basic CB is roughly $150 while the President Lincoln II is $300 and has double the output, and double or even triple the features. I would say it's one of the more expensive radios, but not necessarily overpriced.

The Anytone AT-6666 and others might come in slightly cheaper but will still be in that $250-$300 range most likely.

Last edited:
The European bloggers are to anxious to get one to review. The factory needs to send prototypes to individuals with RF engineering backgrounds instead of popular hobby enthusiasts that run a blog and post YouTube videos.

I agree. I wish there were more people with high level technical expertise that were getting a hold of the radios and running them through the paces with some high end test equipment.

I've always stated in my reviews that all I can do is give people an idea of what an end user can expect from the radio in daily use. Most of my experience comes from the sheer number of radios I've used and can compare against. There are numerous people on this forum with more knowledge and experience than myself, and there are even more on the net, but there are very few who take the time try out new products and write about them.

If someone more knowledgeable than myself was willing to test a radio and write a review believe me I'd step down and just handle the posting of the reviews rather than writing them. Unfortunately I've tried going that route but I didn't get back the radio or a review. Additionally, from working in the high tech surface mining software field I've found that RF Engineers aren't necessarily the best at writing for the masses :)

I think most people these days are used to reading the stuff out of europe, my articles, and the forum to get a feel for a radio at the very least. That's about as good as we can do for now. I know that I still read through the forums for other peoples experiences before I buy equipment. These days it seems like on the internet you have to make your best guess on how many people out of 100 like something to decide if it can do the job. I find even car reviews by professionals on the internet need to be taken with a grain of salt. I put more weight in 95% positive reviews from 100 people than 1 review by an expert.

You would "think" the factories would have better quality control. Also, one would believe that anything with the President name, would have their act together before dumping rubbish on the market.

The Grant II seems to be a steady performer, but the Lincoln, not so much. I'd like to know the whole story on the Lincoln. I think President worked out some back room deal with the factory that allowed it's manufacture with the President name. Now, users claim the recent revisions have "President's" feel about it. Kinda like President has swooped in to save the day along with it's brand.

Just about every European review glorified the Lincoln II as a must have radio. Even when the early problems surfaced, there was little chatter about it. The reviews didn't change, nor were most edited to warn buyers to stay away.

At least Cbradiomagazine.com reviews are unbiased and he WILL update his reviews to gives his readers the good and the bad. He does get excited when he has a new radio or other piece of equipment to review, but at least he doesn't piss down his leg with excitement causing him to overlook something, intentionally or not, like some other bloggers did.

I look forward to his reviews, been watching his site since it began, bought a few radios and also passed on a few as a result of his time and efforts.

Dave at Yeticom is also a trusted source for reviews. He will even rag on equipment that he has an invested interest in, not many gentleman will do that.

Now, I'm patiently waiting to see what comes next. Probably just the same old shitty boards in a different case bullshit.

Reactions: 1 person
Oh yeah, the next batch of radios will just be copies of these boards for sure but hopefully each generation or incarnation will get a little better. I'm hoping the new Magnum's might be something new, haven't heard a whisper out of there other than something was in the works. They are keeping the new stuff pretty quiet, hopefully because it is something completely different.

If CB/Ham radio will just die off like everyone says it's supposed to than no new radios will come out and I'll find something more useful to do with my time. :headbang

CBRadioMagazine,you keep posting your reviews. I love a good informative read. There are others like you who like to test products as do you. M42duster has expertise as well as a nose to weed out turds. You do have to take product reviews with a grain of salt. I recently purchased a '09 Nissan Versa Base Sedan from a good friend with low,low mileage that's been extremely taken care of,and the color I wanted. I read up on professional reviews of the car in question. The professional critics classified this car as a near turd but it was what I was looking for in a car. The car was what I was looking for,42 mpg,fairly large comfortable seats,all for a affordable price. The only thing I've done was accessorize it to my tastes.
As far as radios go nowadays,radios are largely produced on the good ole C H in of A. Hopefully those in those radio producing companies care enough to read all the feedback the forums are producing on their products and will act accordingly.
One further example;I recently received as my assigned truck a new Mack Granite concrete mixer. My company bought 15 trucks so far at a low price of $120,000. My company is working to get all of the bugs of it and the others they bought. My biggest beef that I have with my company is that the brass responsible for spec'ing the trucks should've asked us experienced drivers about what we need in a truck. I 'my having them slightly modify some things on it as well as dealing with workmanship issues. Example,the mixer manufacturer wired the bridge master turn signals that they indicate turns opposite of what the rest of the turn indicators do.
I am concerned with today's crop of people in places of designing and manufacturing,over looking things that the older generations who are experienced would've caught. Standards are constantly being moved.

CBRadioMagazine,you keep posting your reviews. I love a good informative read. There are others like you who like to test products as do you. M42duster has expertise as well as a nose to weed out turds. You do have to take product reviews with a grain of salt. I recently purchased a '09 Nissan Versa Base Sedan from a good friend with low,low mileage that's been extremely taken care of,and the color I wanted. I read up on professional reviews of the car in question. The professional critics classified this car as a near turd but it was what I was looking for in a car. The car was what I was looking for,42 mpg,fairly large comfortable seats,all for a affordable price. The only thing I've done was accessorize it to my tastes.
As far as radios go nowadays,radios are largely produced on the good ole C H in of A. Hopefully those in those radio producing companies care enough to read all the feedback the forums are producing on their products and will act accordingly.
One further example;I recently received as my assigned truck a new Mack Granite concrete mixer. My company bought 15 trucks so far at a low price of $120,000. My company is working to get all of the bugs of it and the others they bought. My biggest beef that I have with my company is that the brass responsible for spec'ing the trucks should've asked us experienced drivers about what we need in a truck. I 'my having them slightly modify some things on it as well as dealing with workmanship issues. Example,the mixer manufacturer wired the bridge master turn signals that they indicate turns opposite of what the rest of the turn indicators do.
I am concerned with today's crop of people in places of designing and manufacturing,over looking things that the older generations who are experienced would've caught. Standards are constantly being moved.

If you think radio reviews are bad you shoukd read some of the shite they spout about interconnects, speaker cable etc in hifi mags, unfucking believable at times, you can read all the reviews you want, but nothing beats waiting till one of your pals with more money than sense buys one then get a shot, then your in a position to decide is it worth it,

I don't think any review is unbiased be it free equipment or bought, as everyone has their own preconceived notions of what's cool and what's not, especially when it comes to brands, the shite that used to get spouted about cobra 148 gtl dx being better than superstar 360fm's was staggering, especially taking into account both used same circuit board and only real difference was printing on fascia, nothing beats a test run be it in a shoop or on a mates, because your notion of what is right and wrong is almost guaranteed to be different from any reviewer.

I think most give their honest opinion, based on their preconceived preferences and expectations, I pick up a uniden or a cybernet, I will immediately assume cybernet will be worse, past history tells me that's almost always the case, but its not necessarily the case with new stuff and it certainly isn't a view shared by everyone, so when it comes to the uniden not living up to my higher expectations and the cybernet surpassing them, that doesn't necessarily mean the uniden isn't a better radio overall, it could just be the gap has closed and the uniden only slightly edges it, but my review ain't gonna read like that, its all about perception.

To say people might not be giving honest opinions or biased ones, I think is very unfair.

Reactions: 3 people
If you think radio reviews are bad you shoukd read some of the shite they spout about interconnects, speaker cable etc in hifi mags, unfucking believable at times, you can read all the reviews you want, but nothing beats waiting till one of your pals with more money than sense buys one then get a shot, then your in a position to decide is it worth it,

I don't think any review is unbiased be it free equipment or bought, as everyone has their own preconceived notions of what's cool and what's not, especially when it comes to brands, the shite that used to get spouted about cobra 148 gtl dx being better than superstar 360fm's was staggering, especially taking into account both used same circuit board and only real difference was printing on fascia, nothing beats a test run be it in a shoop or on a mates, because your notion of what is right and wrong is almost guaranteed to be different from any reviewer.

I think most give their honest opinion, based on their preconceived preferences and expectations, I pick up a uniden or a cybernet, I will immediately assume cybernet will be worse, past history tells me that's almost always the case, but its not necessarily the case with new stuff and it certainly isn't a view shared by everyone, so when it comes to the uniden not living up to my higher expectations and the cybernet surpassing them, that doesn't necessarily mean the uniden isn't a better radio overall, it could just be the gap has closed and the uniden only slightly edges it, but my review ain't gonna read like that, its all about perception.

To say people might not be giving honest opinions or biased ones, I think is very unfair.

i agree with ya. and i must say i LIKE lot of the features in this radio.i wanna see how it is
after more updates.

I've been reading a thread on the Transmission UK forum regarding V3 and it's interesting to see how many people there who had the V1 fixed or turned into a V2 are now happy with the radio. The V3 I believe incorporates those fixes and more so I'm thinking it should be pretty good.

I know after the fixes I was happy with my V1 (turned into V2) model.

I have an email into president to try to get a list of all changes from model to model so we can keep track of the exact changes. I think that will be useful for people to note.

I should be able to get my hands on a V3 as well as they are starting to arrive over there. I'm going to do some side by side testing. I'm guessing I won't see a whole lot of difference when put up against my (V1-2) but it will be interesting to see.

At the very least the best comment I read on the other forum was that while everyone was complaining about the release of a radio with issues, president has done an amazing job of applying the fixes for customers and immediately altering production to the V3. Which definitely shows they care about their brand and keeping the customers happy.

A lot better customer service than some of the large american car companies who reluctantly are issuing recalls this week :) Seems like they don't fix things until 10 or more people kick the bucket and the govt forces them to do them.

I wouldn't be praising President too soon, they import a lot of Uniden radios and they ain't known for fixing faults, The Jackson had same AGC fault from first to last batch and there is many others that were never corrected, last time they used another company to make their radios the Harrison and the never delivered Roosevelt base Uniden threatened to pull the plug on them, going to quixiang for the Lincoln 2 may be the most costly mistake they ever make if they loose Uniden through it, only time will tell.

I ain't even getting into the merits of information quality on TM1 except to say it is the few and not the many who give good info. Most is merely opinion, and not always great at that. As I'm banned I ain't saying anything else but I would be very wary who's opinions you take on board, from what I've seen of your reviews I would stick with your own intuition and the few on Tm1 that so obviously stand out. ;) Jazz 73

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated