• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President Lincoln V 3 Test review

n4dxx

Jan 27, 2010
I know there have been some different views on this little radio from many different users..My thoughts are it's a Fantastic radio.Just got it in and i have compared it to 2 different rigs on the same antenna..A 2950dx and a kenwood ts-450s..I can state for a fact mine has a lower noise floor that either the kenwood or the 2950..I can honestly say it beats them both on reception..I hope others that have bought this version has had the same results..Amazing bang for the buck..Mine put's out 55 watts SSB and 45 watts am with glowing audio reports on am and ssb plenty of punchy audio..I had not even intended to get one of these but i picked it up off feebay for nearly nothing new in the box..Less than half price..If they all perform like mine has you will be in good shape i highly recommened it.Mine has a bit slower agc that the 2950 and makes for crystal clear reception on ssb..I can't say enough good things about this radio so far No issues at all..Just my 2 cents

Reactions: rabbiporkchop

Oh yes..The difference in how quiet the Lincoln is..Now the lincoln is not as selective as far as adjacent signals on the 450.. But that is to be expected it was a 1300 dollar radio back in the day..But if you compare them side by side the lincoln has the upper hand on quietness and a bit more sensetive..I have been using ham radio's since 1989 when i first got my ticket and i have played just about every cb/ham radio known to man at one time or another..And as far as i am concerned this Lincoln beats anything that i have tried in it's price range..Great radio..And yes on transmit i get better audio reports with the lincoln using a stock mic on both..

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?