• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President line of radios

President P400 base similar to a-lot of radios.
$%28KGrHqUOKiUE15eIWI!mBNq5bqoZrw~~_35.JPG

here is the President George 240
President_George.sized.jpg

Question...hopefully I didn't miss this:

Why are some Jacksons silver and I have seem some black faced. (I think)

Thanks

Most president radio's, the jackson included can be got in silver or black, depending on which run from the factory you buy. i would imagine like tv's, hifi's etc, whatever is in vogue at the time is what the importer will order, in this case president electronics europe. one things for sure, the early silver taiwanese ones were great radios, like most of the taiwanese exports of that era.

many people think all the silver ones were very early ones, but i've seen a later jackson classic version which was silver too. just how much later it was i'm not sure as i got pipped on e bay for it.:mad::mad: i would have liked to have got inside it and check it out.

index.php

In all the years I have been playing radio I have yet to figure out the whole story behind President Radios.
The earliest I had anything to do with the line of radios was back in the early 80`s when I bought a Lincoln that was built by President Electronics of Belgium and it was easy to see that it was really built by Uniden, most of the parts in the radio as well as the main board were all labeled Uniden.
After a while it became President electronics of France (President Electronics Group France) and Now I think It has been acquired by CTE, yet you can still find many of them that have Uniden silk screened on the Board.
And if you try to question anyone that has anything to do with uniden they look at you like a deer caught in the headlights :blink::blink: Uh what you talking bout willis?
At some point I had some info about a new model of President radio that was being built by another company that raised such a fit that they almost discontinued the entire president line, but it quickly was swept under the rug and nothing more was to be found out about it.
Before the Internet info about Export radios was very hard to come by, and president was very elusive about who, what ,when, and why.
I would love to talk with some one that was involved with the history back in the 80`s and 90`s.
All I know now is that along the line somewhere the value of the radios became like gold, and they almost priced themselves out of the Market.

jeff

president is owned by uniden, its there foreign branding. they would be sold here but the fcc has a problem with it

And if you try to question anyone that has anything to do with uniden they look at you like a deer caught in the headlights :blink::blink: Uh what you talking bout willis?

been there, heard that, lol. cobra / dynascan were the exact same about the cobra 148 gtl dx uniden made for them too, denied it point blankly despite their name and address on the box.

At some point I had some info about a new model of President radio that was being built by another company that raised such a fit that they almost discontinued the entire president line, but it quickly was swept under the rug and nothing more was to be found out about it.

That would be the president roosevelt, built by maycom, sold as ss4900b and maycom bs27, possibly others, uniden spat the dummy and they were never made, but the president harrison was made in limited numbers (very collectable?) which is the same as a maycom em27 or realistic trc 1080, possibly others as well.

president is owned by uniden, its there foreign branding. they would be sold here but the fcc has a problem with it

you sure they own president and aren't just contracted to build president radios?

president used to trade as CSI, did radios like the csi pawnee, commanche etc. they were also the european importers of the ss360fm.

one things for sure, even the newest presidents are uniden boarded.

I was given this old beat up Uniden Grant . The skip was starting to come in and I was picking up the USA on channel 11 LSB. Not the best audio and I have received Arkansas on a good day.

P1010748.jpg

I think this was broadcasting from Honolulu as I get him most days when the skip is strong.

You know you do not run into many HR2510's,Lincolns or Emperor 5010's not in amateur or CB circles and even few ever come up for sale. People hold on to them like they are gold plated! When one does com up they often go for $150-$250 and that does not count the chip switched models either.

I know I love mine it replaced my stolen second Generation 2950 with DX 100kit. Back when I used to talk on radio's I was almost 98% SSB so the iffy low level modulation on AM was not a big deal to me. With the latter versions using a single MRF 455 they where fantastic compact radio's. They are tall but the foot print is very small as in RF Magnum sized small foot print. They would swing to 65 watt's with the MRF455 models on AM toss a speech processor in them and they went from a great little radio to a fantastic pile up working machine.

So I think they qualify as rare since I never run into anyone in the real world that has one it is always only someone online that has one. Top not parts, solid design, mill spec. circuit boards etc.........The only real down side is that they did not come from the OEM with CTSS board, dual VFO for split operation and no continuous tuning it was divided up into bands which I disliked. The chip switch and priority board really breathed new life into these!!! I just wish I had bought 2-3 of them and 2-3 chip switch kits.

To this day I do not understand why the FCC ran these radios off the market and the maker's of the chip switch but allow the RCI 2950DX and 2970DX and all the other export units to live while killing off the President,HR, Emperor line......I know it was based on lots of complaints from Amateurs.....Why they had it out for these but not the RCI's I will never know????

Truly the only affordable 10/12m rig on the market in the USA is the 2950DX. That is too bad because it would be nice to have a well built 10/12m rig that is affordable and feature loaded to compete with the RCI line. That and a compact chassis. I can not imagine what you would have to buy today to fit a full size chassis radio in it?!?!?! I would also like it if RCI would build the 2950DX with a remote face plate. Their isno place in my Camry to fit a full size radio.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated