• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President line of radios

I see plenty reports from Over the pond about the George, but I have never ran across one face to face.
I think any that got here were imported as singles as I do not recall anyone here offering them for sale.
High $$ radio.

Jeff

We're those sold stateside? I don't recall that model.

I imported mine but do believe a couple of cases landed in the States for resale. IIRC, the George was the first attempt at a multi-standard radio aimed at the Euro market.

As long as the price is not astronomical ( that is a question because president thinks everything they build is gold plated today ) it may make a good ten meter rig.
Understand that 10 is my favorite band, and if it covers 12 that is a plus.
I just recently sold my FG-Best RCI 2950DX and could use another 10/12 radio for my pickup.
As this model is said to have CTCSS/offsets it would also serve well to play on 10 meter FM repeaters.
NorthStar, you can always import one for personal use :D
I do find it amusing the the warranty terms are 5 years, only if you use a President antenna with the radio LoL.
The biggest Question in my mind...what name is on the PC Board...Uniden?

Jeff

Last edited:
President Nixon-----It'll work fine for 5 years, then it'll just quit.
President Bush------It'll work for 3 years, then it will break the bank to keep it running.
President Clinton----It stains clothing.
President Obama----The owner's manual says that it will work fine but the glitches will be epic.

The was another President radio that never made it to the shelves.
President Palin-----it only has an on/off switch and a channel selector to make it easier to operate for the mentally impaired.

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated