• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Programming my Uniden BCT15X

The War Wagon

Dec 27, 2014
da' 'BURGH
I was waiting to make a good first post, and I ALMOST came on here begging for help last night... when at LONG LAST, it came to me in a flash of brilliance; I figured out HOW to program my Uniden through my computer (yes, I have the RadioReference premium subscription)!!! :D:D:D

So NOW I'm just celebratin'... and if anybody in da' 'BURGH needs theirs programmed, drop me a line - I actually know what I'm doing! :p:p:p

Ive been thinking about doing the premium and have been programming my Apco 25 scanners the hard way and don't mind other than its so time consuming and gets old real fast. I need to see if my programming cable is compatible with windows 7 as it only lists O.S up to Windows XP Ive never done programming of scanners or any of my Amateur Radios with the computer and have read its much much easier and nicer.

Tony.....with the proper software you will never want to program a radio the old eay again. I have used software to program the FT-857 and it is a snap. If you can type and follow what is basically an Xcel spreadsheet layout then you can program your rig. It really doesn't get much simpler. Usually you have to read FROM the radio first before writting TO it. That reminds me I should reload that software into the laptop since I had to replace the HDD some time back and never did reload it.

The "5 systems at a time" was annoying, but faster than manual programming EVER was - and more THOROUGH! Unless it's 80 channels or less, I don't plan on doing it manually ever again. (y)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.