• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

PTT Project

K

kj7gs

I'm trying to come up with a way to put 2 push-to-talk wires together with a momentary switch + a hold-down switch, but can't think of anything that would look good. Any ideas out there other than a clothespin to make the connection??? This one should be easy but I just can't think of anything to use for this. I thought I saw an article one time about a cassete case being used for this but that might be too fragile.

-- Don

</p>

I thought about that, but I'd like to construct something like the expensive mikes and intercoms have -- one momentary push-type key, connected to another key that you push and they're both keyed until you push it again. I suppose a toggle would work, or maybe a footswitch design.

</p>

Drop a line to TollFree....he's probably done something like that. Or Andy (codyspace) ...the guy from cbtricks group. Those guys (and others too) are an ocean of knowledge

Wm. Warlock
"Warlock, 71 in Va"
Rollingradios@aol.com
I don't like Calf Fries</p>

Just an idea...how about a foot pedal for an old sewing machine...a gentleman in this area who is disabled uses on resting on the arm of his wheelchair...and simple drops the side of his hand on it....mic is a telescopic boom studio microphone.

</p>

you mentioned a cassette case - i used a sucrets box for something once,and also a plastic snuff can also works well. good thick ,workable plastic. if you wanted it in that size range.

Bob - W527

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.