• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

QYT KT-8900D Dual Band Mini Radio

Sorry to break into your conversation guys. I'm new on this forum and also new to the QYT 8900. I ordered mine from Amazon a few weeks ago and as shown, the manual sucks. Very little info available on the operation of it online either.

When I press the monitor button, the squelch opens and stays open unless there is an active conversion on a channel. The same when scanning channels. When not in the monitor mode, I can see the scan stop, and the green activity light glowing, but no sound coming through. I also noticed that sometimes I can hear a faint conversation behind the squelch static.

I guess my question is - is my radio screwed? I know this is a cheap radio and won't perform like my kenwood, but I like the size because I can fit it easily in my truck.

Any help will be appreciated!
Matt

Hello Wil. Did you find the answer to this please, as I have the same problem?

Thank you,

Colin

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated