• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Radio Antenna Engineering

CB Antenna Theory

I am admittedly in my infancy on the subject of CB antenna theory; but, with the help and advice of a number of forum members I am learning. On the recommendation of one member I visited this site and was very impressed with what I believe to be a well-presented overview of antenna theory.

The Ultimate Guide to 11 Meter CB Antennas

I have learned a great deal from this presentation. Now, rather than going into a truckstop and asking the guy next to me, who probably knows less than I do, which antenna to buy, I am moving in the direction of being able to determine my needs, make an informed purchase, and install my equipment so as to achieve this best performance it is capable of. This is a goal that's in no way near at hand, but with the help of the various members I hope to one day achieve a capability approaching that previously mentioned. Thank you.

Could someone answer this question regarding antennas? In reading the various posts I have come to understand how important it is to acquire the best ground plane by means of bonding. But, as I understand it, most truck bodies are now made of fiberglass and this makes it much more difficult to achieve a good ground plane. My question is: Can tankers utilize their trailers so as to take advantage of all that metal? If so, how would you go about it? Thank you for any help you may offer.

dynosaur,
Could you use your tank trailer? Yes, you could, but I think that would depend a lot on what's being hauled in that tank. Milk? Sure, why not. Gasoline or other flammables? I think I'd give that an extra thought or two, maybe. Explosives? Nope! I'd have to pass on that one! No idea what DOT has to say about it, but I'd check.
How about a long feed line and a mag-mount on the center of the tank (or metal box for that matter)? A few 'twist-ties' along the way so you don't drag anything off, kind'a? Why wouldn't that work?
- 'Doc

Aluminum trailer? Forget that mag-mount.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.