• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Random Wire and MFJ-941e Question

So I got antenna going 7' up from match box, over 24' on upward slope to approx height of 22' to tree branch, then left turn going about 8-10' to top of old antenna mast (height of 17' approx).. Fed with 25 feet LMR-240 and 1:1 just before match box..

Suggestions on how to insulate from old CB antenna at end of run appreciated.. Thinking 1" PVC slid over maybe??

IMG_20170526_123115.jpg

Radio seems to work well down to 40m with estimated 39' wire length. Though new MFJ-941e has sticking SWR needle and won't go up smoothly or drop back to 0 without a light tap on top. Ughh

Returned it to DXEngineering for exchange..

Just a delay..

Got replacement tuner. All good on set up on 80/40/20/12/11/10. Have not tried 15/17 yet.

Since I put a 1:1 choke outside about 8' (on the 40' of feed coax) and ended up with about a 9' counterpoise wire needed on the 9:1 unun to stabilize down to 80m. Without counterpoise I couldn't get a tune on 80m.

Overall happy.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?