• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Ranger 2995 DX User Review (from Bob's CB)

Snake Eyes

Oct 24, 2007
I have had in my possession for about a week now, a Bob's CB 2995 DX.

He did it all to my rig, and he did it well.

I am using a D-104 Final Edition lollipop mic with the radio, and have the mic itself turned all the way up.

The radio's mic gain is turned about 1/4 of the way up.

The radio performs well at these levels for both AM and SSB.

When I turn the RF Power up, it only gets better.

All in all, I am very pleased with this base unit, and would not have gotten it worked on anywhere but at Bob's.

To each their own, though, and I just wanted to provide a review here for your consideration.

I have owned my Ranger 2995 DX for about two weeks.

P.S. Right from the get-go, I was told that the 2995's were out of stock, and that they would ship in 3 business days, which they did.

theres no reason to have the mic turned up that high. anything over 1/2 on a d104 only adds more background noise, thats what ive found in the past. turn the radio up and the mic down. if you cant turn the radio all the way up the limiter is gone.

[/quote]What was the turnaround time ??
I ordered it before the end of business on a Thursday, and received it the following Friday (taking the 3 day wait into account).

I didn't like waiting (who does?), but the wait was well worth it!!

What was the turnaround time ??
I ordered it before the end of business on a Thursday, and received it the following Friday (taking the 3 day wait into account).

I didn't like waiting (who does?), but the wait was well worth it!!

Wow !!!!!!!!!!
You got your peaked and tuned radio faster than I got my rewired microphone. Go figure ?????? :roll: :roll:

Wow !!!!!!!!!!
You got your peaked and tuned radio faster than I got my rewired microphone. Go figure ?????? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Yeah, no doubt.....I understand not wanting to wait around too long......I know I didn't like it, lol!

Glad you got it inside of a few months, though, Unit 194!!

Snake Eyes said:
I have had in my possession for about a week now, a Bob's CB 2995 DX.

He did it all to my rig, and he did it well.

I am using a D-104 Final Edition lollipop mic with the radio, and have the mic itself turned all the way up.

The radio's mic gain is turned about 1/4 of the way up.

The radio performs well at these levels for both AM and SSB.

When I turn the RF Power up, it only gets better.

All in all, I am very pleased with this base unit, and would not have gotten it worked on anywhere but at Bob's.

To each their own, though, and I just wanted to provide a review here for your consideration.

I have owned my Ranger 2995 DX for about two weeks.

P.S. Right from the get-go, I was told that the 2995's were out of stock, and that they would ship in 3 business days, which they did.
um good review but most of them radios are easy to convert(jumpers) and mod(limiter or swing kit RF 10-100 key up or more if done right).....lol well in some eyes..

a better review is when you say it sounds good(not the mic it turned all the way up)stock 2995DX radio can do that...
does it swing? can the RF on am turn up to like 100-120?
does it swing?

not trying to blow your buzz but this is more like a feedback :p

um good review but most of them radios are easy to convert(jumpers) and mod(limiter or swing kit RF 10-100 key up or more if done right).....lol well in some eyes..

a better review is when you say it sounds good(not the mic it turned all the way up)stock 2995DX radio can do that...
does it swing? can the RF on am turn up to like 100-120?
does it swing?

not trying to blow your buzz but this is more like a feedback Razz

Thanks for the feedback!

When the RF Power is turned all the way up, the radio swings up to 100 on AM with a whistle, and 175 on SSB with a whistle.

I am using a Daiwa SWR & Power Meter.

Snake Eyes said:
Thanks for the feedback!

When the RF Power is turned all the way up, the radio swings up to 100 on AM with a whistle, and 175 on SSB with a whistle.

I am using a Daiwa SWR & Power Meter.

Sounds good too me !

Good Luck with your new radio ! 8) 8)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.