• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RCI-2950: What does the VR -701 Pot do?

Robb,

I viewed all the schematics and alignments can not find anything associated with that VR.

Perhaps give a Ranger service center a phone call and ask them.

I think sp5it has it. It's right on the display. About all it can be is the contrast or maybe adjusts the brightness of the LED's for one or all of the dimmer settings.

Robb -

VR701 is connected across pins 16 and 17 of the HD61602 display driver IC. Pin 16 outputs a voltage (Vref1) and feeds it through VR701 and back into input pin 17 (Vref2). The resistor is adjusted so that Vref2 is the correct driving voltage for the particular type of LCD display used. This voltage (V1) outputs on pin20, is bypassed with a small cap, and goes to the display. VR701 doesn't have to be readjusted unless the display itself is changed.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.