• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RCI 2995dx Base problem/ need advice

RoadWarrior

May 3, 2005
Tyrone,PA
Anyone know what could be the problem with my
RCI 2995dx Base???
When switching from AM to LSB/USB or CW the noise
ratio doesn't change much like it should.
And the needle always is on 3-4 S-units and even if
someone is right under my antenna they can only
make it swing to 7-8 S-units.
Any ideas??? Thank You

yep

it is a commen problem with the rci base radio,s
i have heard many people complain of this.
my rci 2980wx does the same thing.
i contacted ranger and they told me
it is a commen complaint.and send it in for repair
but i am not spendind 30-50.00 for shipping
they do not cover shipping charges.
jon

El Stingy Meterador

For my edification, does this thing have both the big Galaxy meters AND the S/RF meter on the green display? Is the "meter" on the green display working?

Quick check-up:

1. Make sure the needle is not physically being impeded in any way. In other words, it's not scraping the back of the meter, is it?

2. Is this a multi-purpose meter? In other words, does it do SWR/Calibrate, functions, too? If so, make sure the Calibrate switch is in the proper position.

3. Open the radio and make sure the meter is wired correctly. See if there is anything obviously wrong like a wire loose near the meter where it may should be soldered to one of the meter's connectors.

4. Tap top of radio briskly with rubber mallet. (Just kidding)

5. With radio open, tap the back of the meter with something lightweight like an medium size nail. Just enough to jar the innards loose of the meter in question (if they're stuck), but not enough to break the thing.

6. Make sure the light bulb that illuminates the meter isn't pressing or laying up on something that it shouldn't be, either causing interference with the meter's movement - or -- perhaps warping the plastic meter case due to heat of the light bulb.

7. Wire in a similar meter and see if you get similar results.

Good luck.

"Toasters and WD-40 DO NOT MIX"

If this is a commen problem then and RCI says they can fix it why are they shipping them out like that and not doing the fix?

I was going to order a new 2985dx next week, maybe I should have the tech where i`m buying it make sure there working befor shipping, what you think? :)

Anyone have an rci 2995dxcf that everytime someone is talking, it's just as loud and clear on the next few channels up and down? Confused on what's causing this.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated