• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RCI-29XX Question?

What was that that Forest Gump said?? Stupid Is as Stupid Does, or something like that. One of the things I remember my dad use to say, that guy has the I.Q. of a hubcap.

I got a non op 2970dx in a trade. Took it to my Tech and he reset it and it has been working ever since. The orginal owner bought and had it set up by Bill Goode. It was used as à mobile in big trucks. I have been useing this for my base for over a year with à Astactic 636. Never got a bad report from anyone other than they say it's à little High on SSB. To compasate for it I tune it down a click on the VFO. Talked to another local and he said his 2970n2 acts the same way. For example 28.4000=28.3999 or 28.420=28.3999. Is it a CPU problem? Can it be fixed? Should I Just live with it. Does anyone know what is really going on with it. I like this radio alot. 73's.

it can be adjusted if its really off. hard to prove if its yours or not. if one guy says all
radios are off id ask someone else.truthfully if its only 1 number thats not too bad, but noticable.you can either fix it or just leave your display to read 28.3999.your choice
DONT unlock the clarifer not needed on these

HOTROD I'm with ya on not unlocking the clarifier but I bought a very clean used 2950DX 2008 model, someone unlocked the clarifier and it does make it a little easier to tune someone in rather than change the digit on the display. Would I pay to have it done? Probably not but I did pay for DTB Dave to do that receive filter mod and it works quite a bit better receive wise on SSB. That was the best 25 dollars I ever spent. My only problem is now I like this 2950DX so much it has to stay, another one that's a keeper.

Reactions: 1 person
The latest 2950DX model has an updated display and board. It has a green on black display, more memories and a supposedly upgraded receive section.

Is that what your wondering?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?