• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Really Good QSL Card Maker

This is good but buying the card stock and printing out big color cards can eat up some ink.

Look at vistaprint.com They specialize in business cards but do postcards and many other things too. They have many premade designs or you can upload your own. They throw all kinds of special offers at repeat customers and I got 100 full color glossy postcards (qsls) for FREE. Just paid like $6.00 for shipping.

Good luck and happy QSL'ing !!

Reactions: 1 person
That's really not bad. I'm fairly sure that they don't specialize in QSL cards, but maybe a couple of choices of 'style' would be even more popular. Knowing how many 'hit's that card maker gets would be interesting.
I've pretty well quit QSL'ing, but have done it for a long time and probably most ways you can imagine. That ranged from commercial cards to hand drawing them. Computers, digital photography, and affordable printers make DIY cards that are only limited by your imagination. I've seen some home made cards that are very nice, would probably cost a fortune if printed commercially. Once made a 'card' that was something like 3 x 5 feet. Not inches, feet! Don't remember exactly why, but an imagination can be a terrible thing! :)
- 'Doc

QSL Maker Alternative

I tried out that QSL card maker. It's super easy to use and the results are good. But...it saves them in pdf format. That means my printer can print them out on card stock or 3 1/2 x 5/4 x 6 photo paper, but it eats up ink. Yes, you can print out an 8 x 10 with 4 cards on it. A drawback is that cheap photo printers such as at Sam's Club or Wal Mart can't read a pdf file.

After experimenting and seeing my ink gauge plummet downward, I elected to get them from cheapqsls.com. First rate service, proof emailed to you, and fast delivery. Basic black on white stock is $10 plus a couple of dollars shipping for 100. If I remember, you can upgrade the stock to color. For around $23 or so, you can use clip art and photos, with color paper, etc.

Yeah, I wanted a cool multi-colored QSL card, with a photo, but the entire cost was about $15 for 100...not a bad deal...at least for now.

I'm very impressed with their service, and will definitely be a repeat customer.

:whistle:Steve

Sorry for the bump of an old thread, do people still do QSL cards? I have a few logbook contacts and long QSO's but none have sent one.... maybe its because I am on 10m or i have to send one first? It's kinda disappointing :(

Sorry for the bump of an old thread, do people still do QSL cards? I have a few logbook contacts and long QSO's but none have sent one.... maybe its because I am on 10m or i have to send one first? It's kinda disappointing :(

When I was first licensed (1959), I got QSLs in the mail just about every day. I made a fairly crude (Paleolithic by today's multicolor/multimedia standards!) black and white card with a photo of myself at my rig on the left side, QSO information on the right side, and the back of the card blank for the address. My dad knew a local printer so we went there and ordered "500" cards, figuring that would hold me for a while. Dad and I went back on the specified day and learned that there had been an "error". The order clearly read "500", but the shop had printed "5000" of them. That print shop didn't make any profit that day! And yes, they even helped cart them out to the car!

But the reason I received so many is that I lived in Las Vegas NV. At that time, Nevada was really thinly populated with hams. Most of the cards I received said something like "Ur my last state for WAS! PSE QSL!" Quite a few even included SASEs (Self Addressed Stamped Envelopes), or US stamps. One guy in Israel sent me an actual IRC! Post Offices don't know what they are today, and didn't have too good a handle on it back then either.

There's a lot less QSLing for routine QSOs today, whether because of postage rates, or the proliferation of eQSLs, like - well, like eqsl.com - and the ARRL's Logbook of the World (LOTW). Or maybe hams just don't care that much about it any more. Personally, I QSL most of my DX contacts, especially if I need the other guy's card. Stateside, I answer all cards received. There's the postage problem again.

You need DX to get a QSL card don't you? Haven't had that around here for a long time. When it does come back, I used VistaPrint. Good deal and good quality.

klondikemike%20qsl%20%28small%292.jpg

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.