• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

remote and audio

ahasverus

Dec 2, 2011
Dear Knights

ON3BM

Remote and Audio

Using w7/ft1200dx/scu-17/

PC (remote sever) - laptop (client)

pc connected to scu (usb)

scu connect to rig (data cable)

cable serial PTT

No problem to connect laptop and pc using HRD 6.3

Problem : AUDIO

installed RemAud on pc and on laptop with same settings (ip/pas etc)

HRD on server :eek:ff

Norton security :eek:ff (client =laptop)

Radio : on (server)

Connection with RemAud on server: ok

NO AUDIO only noice

About Audio

on pc (server) scu installed silicon labs com port 11 (enhanced)

com port 12 (basic)

on laptop com11 and com 12 (hidden) no com ptt

on laptop (client ) high definition ( mic- speaker)

no possibiity to add ex com 11/com12

like to find a knight in the Hamhood who has a working system with

this configuration

or advice about my problem with the souncards /com ports

or a system with ft1200dx and interface that do the job

thank you for your attention

I'm having a little difficulty following you, but are you routing the rig audio-out & audio-in to the soundcard? That plus rig control is all that is necessary for most rigs. I haven't used RemAudio, but have used Skype for the same purpose. A quick look at RemAudio tells me that it should work fine. Can you give us a little more detail about your audio connection to the PC?

Dear Knights

ON3BM

Remote and Audio

cable serial PTT

NO AUDIO only noice

About Audio

com port 12 (basic)

this configuration

dear Administrator
I thank you for your reply
I have to look for the way to connect the pc (server) to the rig (audio)
interface ?
I connected the pc to the rig using scu-17
So I have to verify if the scu has a soundcard
Of course if the rig don't send audio to the sever i will hear only noice
PSk works well with my configuration (rig/scu/pc/hrd)
ON3BM

You should have an ACC jack on your radio. This should have audio in and out pins. You need to make a DIN plug patch cable with 3.5mm jacks and the audio out from radio goes to your soundcards mic input for received audio. Audio in on the radio goes to your soundcards speaker output for transmit audio back to your radio. This may sound backwards but that how it connects. Some radio's will carry audio on the USB port.

HRD has no remote audio capabilities so you need to setup a server/client audio program. Here is a free one that HRD recommends,

http://df3cb.com/remaud/

Download to both computers but use the remote server for your main PC and use the remote client for your remote PC. The configurations to your sound card should be self explanatory.

I run remote with HRD and it works well but it requires some simple configurations on HRD software to work. It runs in the background on your main computer but the main HRD software needs to be closed to run on your remote computer. You also need a VPN to use it outside of your home network.

Last edited:
I had a chance to look more into your radio today. That SCU-17 will provide audio in/out thru a USB cable while the RS 232 provides rig control to HRD. You still need a VOIP software program on both server and remote computers to pass the audio like the one in my last post. Again, HRD has no remote VOIP audio capability.

You should have to only patch the USB cable to your server computer from the SCU-17 USB out then pull up your server computers sound card configuration dialog box and look for USB audio for both speaker and microphone ( tabs are labeled "Playback devices" and "Recording devices" on Windows computers ) and adjust the initial levels there. You should see a reference to Yaesu or SCU-17 labeled on the USB audio selection choices.

Similar to what I said before, the Speaker out on the server computers USB sound card will be for your transmit audio to the radio, while the server computers USB Mic in will be the radio's received audio.

You may still want to try the free VOIP audio download link in my previous post to use with HRD. Download software to both computers in the server/client fashion and select this software's USB audio on the server computer and your normal default audio device you use on your laptop and you should be good to go and the radio's audio will be heard on your laptop even without opening HRD since these are independent servers.

For PTT, I just use the TX Data button to pass transmit audio on the HRD rig control screen or I can use this same button on the Logbook screen from the user configurable radio panel. Different radio's have different buttons within HRD's database but there should be at least 1 TX button available for this purpose so an external PTT may not be necessary with your radio.

Once you get all this worked out from your home internet network, then setup a VPN and you can use HRD on your laptop via remote from anywhere in the world you have an internet connection.

bonne journée et bonne chance, 73

Last edited:
Dear Knights

ON3BM

Remote and Audio

cable serial PTT

NO AUDIO only noice

About Audio

com port 12 (basic)

this configuration

I Thank everybody who gives some help
Finaly I "saw the light"
system is working

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.