• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Rfx dummy

How to make my radio talk again

• I got ya man

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I do this all THA TIME

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Timmydav

Dec 8, 2017
So I installed a rfx 85 on my cobra 29 lx today and got no tx on my radio.I'm pretty new at working on radios and poor but I really dig playing with em! Any way I've checked and rechecked and I didn't miss any parts so why won't it talk it says RX power failure on the radio what do I do.

There was a yellow and a blue wire but the instructions from cb tricks said to cut them off but there was the orange one thats hooked to 12 volts.

Plus the red power nd the ground if i touch the center pole of the final snd the driver they both have power. The talllkback workks the meter on the radio comes up as youu key up then drops to zero i have a dosy meter that doesnt even budge..

I don't see any instructions for the LX version on there.... Timmydav, what year is your 29LX manufactured?

I have seen the older/earlier 29LX guts look and act the same as the regular Cobra 29's. But there may be some minor differences in the new versions. Check out some YouTube vids for a full install on an LX and recheck your work.

I don't see any instructions for the LX version on there.... Timmydav, what year is your 29LX manufactured?

I have seen the older/earlier 29LX guts look and act the same as the regular Cobra 29's. But there may be some minor differences in the new versions. Check out some YouTube vids for a full install on an LX and recheck your work.
Well guys I've checke and rechecked my work,took the amp out and put the radio back to stock and still can't modulate confused! I've replaced the final,driver,audio transformer,2 electrolytic caps and it still won't talk!

Now wait a minute.... first you say it won't TX... now it won't modulate? Which is it? The OP states "RX Power failure". This is a bit confusing.....

Well guys I've checke and rechecked my work,took the amp out and put the radio back to stock and still can't modulate confused! I've replaced the final,driver,audio transformer,2 electrolytic caps and it still won't talk!
Well then; you couldn't have checked it well enough yet. That much is obvious, since it worked before you started. So you will have to go over every part of the radio that you've messed with and thought you set straight. You are the one with the radio in front of you.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated