• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RM ITALY KL-503 HELP PLEASE !!!

basstracker1970

Nov 6, 2012
I have a rm Italy kl-503 amp and now my preamp isn't working correctly. When I turn on the preamp my signal drops down to nothing and when I turn it back off it goes back to normal. But it defintly isn't boosting the signal like it use to do it kills it now. Thank for any help....

This amp is fairly new and I have been rocking the switch with no fix. I think its the transistor ,diodes. Can you tell me where the diodes and transistor is locater.

Can't find a schematic for it on the net. Did you spray any cleaner into the switch first? ExitThirteen or others may know the answers you seek; give them a chance to read this thread. Or, you can follow the traces from that switch to those parts; that can do it if you are patient. Clean that switch first - though . . .

In the end don't get too concerned if you can't fix it, 80% of the time a pre-amp is a waste of time. Most of them just bring in more noise and static.

Reactions: 1 person
In the end don't get too concerned if you can't fix it, 80% of the time a pre-amp is a waste of time. Most of them just bring in more noise and static.

They amplify everything there including noise. So unless you have some excellent NR circuitry on your radio a pre-amp isn't much of a benefit.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?