• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RM Station 550

redlght

Feb 1, 2013
I have an RM station 550 no KLV on it that sounds horrible on sideband but clean on AM i tried this fix but can not seem to make it sound good on SSB any ideas? This amp does not have R29 and 30 side by side. here is a photo of the amp and 2 scope snaps of modulation with the amp off and on. Any help would great. Thanks

Attachments

• DSC00150.JPG
    DSC00150.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,586
  • amp off.JPG
    amp off.JPG
    843.8 KB · Views: 540
  • amp on.JPG
    amp on.JPG
    901.8 KB · Views: 519
Last edited:

Last edited:
Mine is not a KLV it is an RM Station 550 It uses two 2SC1407's the resistor is left side by the diode and transistor. if you bring up image then right click view image it will enlarge. here is a pic of the klv550 board lay out R20 and 30 are circled in red

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_002.jpg
    ScreenHunter_002.jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 695
Last edited:
Be nice if they gave you voltages on the schematic such as TR9 I was trying to follow Bob's bias fix but mine is a bit different

Last edited:
The schematics I have are an older or perhaps newer than the board you have shown.
I do see lots of solder problems on the board. There is a TO-220 transistor that sets up the bias for the final transistors that appears to be unsoldered. If you closely inspect the board you will see multiple solder joints that don't have solder on them.
Also the missing resistors supply voltage and current to set the bias up for class AB operation. You might need to go to the RMItaly site and find the proper schematic for your unit. The KLV unit I have is newer than yours so there are differences between the two. If you need more help I'll jump in later, but I'm sure you will get it running again.

I can not find a schematic for it. I have soldered up those joints after the pic was taken i replaced all of the transistors in it. I have hit the wall on this one

I was trying this mod but mine is a bit different did not want to make a mistake. Also the 4 pin jumper i am guessing it goes on the top 2 pins.

Last edited:
That would tough with bad eyes guess it is a paper weight
The link to the schematic is good for your unit as well. Does your HamStation have a DC power supply for the radio?
RM Italy changed board layouts all of the time, once they have the basic design they don't really change much other than the position of the parts. And very rarely do they change the reference designators.

The link to the schematic is good for your unit as well. Does your HamStation have a DC power supply for the radio?
RM Italy changed board layouts all of the time, once they have the basic design they don't really change much other than the position of the parts. And very rarely do they change the reference designators.

Yes it has the built in power supply it is rebuilt the amp does 300 watts but nasty ssb audio \> what are your4 pin jumper settings?

Attachments

• DSC00155.JPG
    DSC00155.JPG
    563 KB · Views: 720

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated