• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

S db and rf meters etc

Any radio meter is usually very inaccurate and more of a ball park number. That said most Export radio's with a meter will show you that information if you look at the way the meter is labeled. What radio are you referring to? An RCI 2950 comes to mind.

It may be nothing . Do you have another receiver you can listen to your own signal on?? The original longer hang time after you un-keyed was definitely the roger beep.

It may be nothing . Do you have another receiver you can listen to your own signal on?? The original longer hang time after you un-keyed was definitely the roger beep.

On my last video link the hang time is most noticable towards the end of the video.
Original issue was after the radio was connected and powered up the first time with the supplied ranger sra158 mic, the radio went berserk. Started relay clicking and beeping so I immediately switched the unit off. Then noticed the sra158 plug end was lose and missing a screw, the end would just pop out and wires were visible.
I then reviewed the pin and wiring, the soldering appeared to have done by a toddler. It was nasty even by my standards. I got my magnification eyes and light, noticed the bare end strands were shorting on the mkc plug , i think the red copper strand was touching another wire. Fixed it up. Then the issue of the tx spike showed up, even when using a different microphone .

I think you need to be able to view on a watt meter or listen your output on a separate receiver to really see if the momentary spike on the LED display is anything to be concerned about.

Agreed. I was thinking it may just be the meter showing a voltage spike from the metering circuit switching from TX to RX. An analog meter would never respond fast enough to show it. Nothing to worry about or even pay attention to IMO.

Agreed. I was thinking it may just be the meter showing a voltage spike from the metering circuit switching from TX to RX. An analog meter would never respond fast enough to show it. Nothing to worry about or even pay attention to IMO.

I guess what concerned me was i didn't see other n4 units doing this on a few videos I watched.

By they way, just for the record I contacted RCI via their online technical support email asking them the very same question including the link to the video I made. That was Monday 12th January early AM. Didn't get anything back from them except for an automated email saying that they'd received my email and that they'd respond back in 24 hours or so.

I'm glad that the seller didn't abandon me after the sale, he was kind enough to arrange and ship another unit which i appreciated. Hopefully all will be well for the first 2 years ;-)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.