• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

SB50 power pole crimper.

Limeybastard

May 29, 2017
Shady Hills Massive, FL.
So in my widsom I set about to make power cable similar to what the RCI N2, N4 and some high power radios come with, with an inline fuse also added.

I ran into an issue whereby ( never had exposure to it ) I need to crimp the 8 gauge wire to the anderson SB50 power pole, regular crimper wont work. Long story short, the tool itself is $$$, anyone have any advice? I currently have built a harness but the part that connects to the radio is bare 8 guage ends ( no SB50 on them ).
Bob CB and some other stores sell the measly 2FT cable with inline fuse for $25, but cable is too short. This is the end Id be using for my rig, indoors. Otherwise Id just rip out the one from the truck, cheers.

Cheers, this the type of connection Im trying to crimp. It feels like its made of titanium LOL.
sb50pp75-sb-series-powerpole-loose-piece-contact__6931_580.jpg

Cheers, this the type of connection Im trying to crimp. It feels like its made of titanium LOL.
sb50pp75-sb-series-powerpole-loose-piece-contact__6931_580.jpg
I agree with Mt. Rushmore.

I solder all my larger power pole connectors and terminal rings. Not only is it a sure and solid bond, but you can unsolder them and reuse them.

Yes you need some heat to do it. I use a Weller 200 watt soldet gun..

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.