• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

SBE LAND COMMAND MODEL LCBS-8 AM/SSB BASE

texas trader

Nov 20, 2006
Alabama
Please I need any and all help with this radio, This is the last model SBE made, Big AM/SSB Base with digital clock. The radio works 100% and is in mint condition, but I can't find anything on THIS model on the what is the pin out on the microphone connector (5 pin screw on type), also radio has no recieve unless the microphone is plug in to the radio! Any and all help will ge great! I guess this radio is rare enough that no one has the manual or info on it. I have a Sure 526, 6-wire D104 ot a Turner +3 Hand microphone I wuold like to wire to it. There is lots of wiring out there for SBE models but they are not the same as this Model! Mabe if one of you have this radio and have another microphone wired to it could take a peek and see what color goes to what pin on the microphone! thanks oh and a copy of the manual I would be willing to pay for a copy! :( :( [/b]

here you go

(Link removed, no longer valid)

1 audio
2 masse
3 rx
4 tx

Last edited by a moderator:
Help with my radios

I'm new but this is a great start, thanks for your help so far, I still find it amazing how a person could buy an radio like some that I have that are in mint condition and did not keep the manual safe with it and or find out and keep everthing -mods, adjustments and such handy with the radio, I make a file for each of my radios and keep anything useful I find, again thanks! Here I will list my radios, please tell me if you think I have a good start on a collection! Most but not all: GE Superbase, Tram D201 (Mint), Tram D300 (Mint), SBE LCBS-8, SBE Console V w/Digiscan UFO, Colt Excaliber (Mint), Robym AM500D, Cornell Dubilier Mark X (absolute mint- which I am selling on ebay)

Re: Help with my radios

texas trader said:
I'm new but this is a great start, thanks for your help so far, I still find it amazing how a person could buy an radio like some that I have that are in mint condition and did not keep the manual safe with it and or find out and keep everthing -mods, adjustments and such handy with the radio, I make a file for each of my radios and keep anything useful I find, again thanks! Here I will list my radios, please tell me if you think I have a good start on a collection! Most but not all: GE Superbase, Tram D201 (Mint), Tram D300 (Mint), SBE LCBS-8, SBE Console V w/Digiscan UFO, Colt Excaliber (Mint), Robym AM500D, Cornell Dubilier Mark X (absolute mint- which I am selling on ebay)

The LCB series were okay. Keep your eye out for the SBE Console VI. Kinda hard to find, but if you find one in good shape, snap it up.

Hey Texas Trader I'm looking for the same info. Have you had any luck. I also want to wire a D-104 desk mike to my unit.

People pay big bucks for these radios and all they are is a Uniden Madison, Cobra 2000 inside. Nothing to get excited over..........

Reactions: NZ8N
Might be one of the ones that got cleaned, if they are really old, the links get outdated and end up leading somewhere else.
Just like the one from King Cobra.
If the info is still valid, go ahead and re-post.

Jeff

People pay big bucks for these radios and all they are is a Uniden Madison, Cobra 2000 inside. Nothing to get excited over..........

This is incorrect. The SBE Land Command LCBS-8 and LCBS-4 both use the same Cybernet Double-board PLL02A ssb chassis that is in the GE Superbase. Use the double-board tuneup/schematic in Sam's # 234 or 255.
Right after these radios were introduced, SBE filed chapter 11, and cancelled their order with Cybernet, so only a few of these radios were ever produced and sold. SBE never put out service manuals for the LCBS series.

Last edited:
The SBE Land Command LCBS-8 and LCBS-4 both use the same Cybernet Double-board PLL02A ssb chassis that is in the GE Superbase.
You are correct, it was also used in the Midland Base Station Model Number 78-999
The PC boards are labeled PTBM 005 and PTBM 085.
Very good rigs, and rare.
This is not a very good video, but it will let you get a look at the radio

http://www.youtube.com/user/tramdr?blend=2&ob=5#p/u/0/Zi0X9mT5o7o

Jeff

While I'm not an active poster on this particular forum I felt a need to pass on this info.

The SBE LCBS-8 Land Command is not listed anywhere as being a Cybernet 02A unit. The LCBS-4 is a Cybernet 02A chassis but according to the PLL sites below, the LCBS-8 is a single conversion MB8719 Uniden chassis. Another words a Uniden Washington, Cobra 148GTL, Realistic TRC-490.......

See sites:

CB PLL modifications list
The Defpom CB Radio PLL List page 2

A little off topic but it's little brother the AM SBE Land Command LCB-8 I 100% know to be a Uniden UPD2816 chassis because I own that particular model. It's basically a Cobra 1000GTL, 89GTL, Cobra 29LTD, 29GTL..... and a whole gob of others. The board layout varies some between models but essentially they're the same radios.

Reactions: Retro CB Guy

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.