• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Scammers Beware!

Riverman

Nov 12, 2013
Just finished watching an episode of Forensic Files about a guy who ordered a $400 CB radio from a fella online. After payment was received, the seller shipped him a less expensive model. The buyer took exception to this and sent the seller a pipe bomb which killed him and severely wounded his mother.

Last edited:

that video is over 5 tears old.

So is my pickup. And cell phone. And shoes. And most of my ideas. I did break down and buy a new belt at JC Penney earlier this morning. Looks outta place with my five-year-old trousers though.

Last edited:
Reactions: llilillill
i was not trying to start a argument. just stating a fact.

Not taken that way at all, jon. Was surprised the show was that old and I was just trying to be funny. It's all good.

I've expended WAY too much energy recently getting upset over other people's posts. Wearin' my rose colored glasses every time I sign in now. :cool:

Last edited:
Wow. What a story!

I'm not buying the line that the boy's family knew nothing about what he was doing. Mom later says she was covering for him when those he ripped off called angry.

Parents really do need to keep an eye on what their teenagers are doing. We can't protect them too much, and yet we can't protect them enough.

Reactions: jon666 and Riverman

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.