• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Scored A Nice Frequency Counter On Ebay

KD8HMO

Aug 3, 2008
Kalida, Ohio
www.protrucker.net
I just scored a really nice Fluke 1920A 500mhz freq counter on Ebay. Got it for $70 and free shipping. It seems to be in really nice shape and clean. I`m sending it to a repair shop to have it gone over and calibrated.

fluke1920a.jpg

Reactions: Robb

Did you get it from "TryC2"? I have bought about two dozen pieces of test equipment from them with only one failing to meet standard.

I bought this one for $88.00 201742724821 Plus 15.02 shipping.
I don't know if it is accurate yet I'm waiting for access to a calibration standard.
Racal Dana 1992 Nanosecond Universal Frequency Counter

Yours is a good catch too!

I`m sending it to a repair shop to have it gone over and calibrated.

If you're going to set up a shop for repairing radio gear get yourself a 10MHz Rubidium or GPS Frequency Standard and you don't need to worry about calibration for any of your gear that measures frequency which can use an external 10MHz clock source.

Reactions: Robb and BBB
I wont need anything like that for quite a while. I am just starting to learn the basics. If they replace any bad parts like electrolytics and recalibrate it at that lab, that will be more than I need. This was a pretty decent counter back in the day.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.