• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

SDR LINKS

kg6ypa

Sep 13, 2009

Well i took the plunge on the r820t, If theres any software that you guys recommend, throw some links up here.

I just now placed order for the r820t. Should arrive between 6-25 and 6-28.

Thanks for the link. Seems like a lot of receive capability for just a few bucks. I'll be downing the SDR# as well.

Got mine in the mail yesterday and with the help of YPA i got it running on my CHEAP XP laptop. If your having a hard time hearing anything, its all in the setting on the software. If the program will load and you can select the USB dongle as the "front end", it will eventually work for you. My frequency was off, and i had to make a +53 adjustment on the PPM, now its golden.

Handling the order, and vague nature of some of the SDR add on items is going to be the biggest issue for most people i think. After field day im going to attempt to get the trunking option working.

Cant wait to hack up the stock coax, install an SMA and get this thing running on a better antenna. Also interesting to look at the shapes of broadcast FM signals, the english stations all have a very clean pattern with two square spikes on either side.....whereas the majority of spanish stations tended to have a mountain (think close encounters of the third kind sorta mud hill) and nothing on the sides. This made me wonder if its due to the style of equipment being used.

On Sale at 'nooelec' for only $16.65 (and free shipping) - for 2 more days!

They've reduced the price of these for a 2 more days!

I might just have to buy another one for a spare.

ADS-B Aircraft tracking

I've got SDR running fine business. I'm also tracking about 8 aircraft right now, using "ADSB#" and "ADSBScope."
Some of the aircraft are just now passing over Las Vegas. The second pic is a daytime plot with more tracks.

Automatic dependent surveillance-broadcast - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I added a 4 foot piece of lamp cord to the base on the stock antenna and tacked it to the wall. Added about 30 dB of signal gain.

This dongle is the shite! Takes a few minutes to settle in after you start it, but stays real stable after that. It has really enhanced my ham shack tremendously.

I'd recommend "SDR#" for general receiving/spectral analysis, and "ADSB#" and "ADSBScope" if you want to venture into ADS-B monitoring/tracking. (Note: ADSB# has its own tuning capability, so you cannot use it and SDR# simultaneously.)

ADSB# – A simple and cheap ADS-B receiver using RTL-SDR | SDR#

SonicGoose.com | How to Setup ADSBScope

What the hell? The software is free. :)

Attachments

• adsbScope.JPG
    adsbScope.JPG
    134.8 KB · Views: 459
  • ADSBScope#tracking57.JPG
    ADSBScope#tracking57.JPG
    186.9 KB · Views: 416
Last edited:
I like :)

Will it track DHS/NSA UAVs?

I did order a second dongle from nooelec, also picked up a couple of MCX to SO239 adapter cables from maya.yooyoo (also on ebay) ($5. each).

MCXso239.JPG

Specifications:

Commercial Series: UHF -MCX Series
Connectors: As Pic
Cable: RG316
Length: 20in (49~50cm)

Package Included:

1 x UHF female to MCX right angle cable

ADSB Scope and the po po

Just a ADSB Scope track of N5ONT the Ontario Police Ghetto Bird.

Attachments

• ADSB and the po po.JPG
    ADSB and the po po.JPG
    156.3 KB · Views: 443
dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?