1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Sears ssb

Discussion in 'CB and Export Equipment and Accessories' started by Mp1969, Sep 12, 2017.

1. KD8HMO

KD8HMO
    Expand Collapse

This looks like a job for Mike's Radio Repair...

2. silver devil

silver devil
    Expand Collapse

Yeah if he has a deep pocket.... He charged me almost 300.00 for working on a old Johnson CB.... That's the MOST i have ever had to pay for ANY CB radio i have ever owned.. I bitched a fit and he lowered it to $180.00 but ill never send him another radio again. He's good but i cant afford him living on a limited income!!!!

3. silver devil

silver devil
    Expand Collapse

I wasn't talking about the radio, the amp!!!!

4. silver devil

silver devil
    Expand Collapse

Well those 23 CH SSB radios they made were junk... Low modulation low output.. crappy receive... I tossed mine into the trash can......

5. Tallman

Tallman
    Expand Collapse
    W9WDX Amateur Radio Member, KW4YJ EXTRA class

Sorry about your bad luck with it. I bought mine new and loved it. I made a SSB contact from a mobile to a city in the hill country from Bastrop, TX a distance over 70 miles from a hilltop with no linear. It had better ears than some base stations just using 1/4 wave whips that I co-phased. If you got your second hand it might have had golden screw driver in it.

LeapFrog likes this.
  6. w9cll

w9cll
    Expand Collapse
    W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member

I found the Sears rigs to be of decent quality, while I didn't have a 23ch SSB model I did have a 40 ch AM only one. I ran it for a few years before I went completely sideband. Never had a complaint. Gave it to my uncle and he ran it for many more years.

[​IMG]
    Best pic I could find, the one on the left is what I had.

I also have a Sears 2 meter rig (made by Yaesu)

Tallman likes this.