• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Shockwave Antenna

I see a ground plane that's well built without any rediculous claims about gain or other magic. I just know I'm missing the point though. The guy that builds them doesn't seem to talk a lot...that's rare in the CB business.

Reactions: rabbiporkchop
Then he should identify and start hawking.
why? ..unlike most he is a private man that lets the product speak for its self ..as far as i know he rarely posts here or anywhere for that fact ...yes i know him quite well i was chatting to him today ..and yes i have one

The claims are sure to come.
he makes NO claims as in performance... he never has and i also know from talking to him its not his thing to do so ..but you are welcome to contact him and find out for yourself...i will give him a heads up if you like ,hes a very nice man to deal with

[/QUOTE] 543_Dallas, Any thoughts, likes or dislikes?

(likes)
symmetrical radials look much prettier than the asymmetric i-10k setup,

you don't need the ugly offset mounting plate, it can be mounted symmetrically on the mast,

prefer the mk2's fatter 4ft sections with faster taper schedule over the thinner longer sections,

it seems to be available when YOU want to buy it & not only when Chris can be arsed to build & ship it,

you don't have to deal with an asshole with sand in his shoes to get one,

MC loves it :D

(dislikes)
The hat, its just somewhere for birds to perch,

its not a heavy duty vector 4000 :LOL:

I have saw up to 5 birds perched on the top hat. :D

I don't know any specifics on the materials but as I've said before it makes a maco look like it's made out of old beer cans. The pieces are smooth and shiny. After a year or 2 in the air they are still shiny...that's all I know.

I replaced my maco v5000 with this antenna. The receive is about the same and a few people said my signal might have improved but I have my doubts. The reason I made the switch is because I know someone who smoked a v5000 with less than what I have.

The guy that builds was building amps before this antenna. Tubes, transistors with regulated bias, class c....whatever someone wants. If he were going to make any outrageous claims he would have probably made them about the amps like everyone else does.

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/bmtechnologies/

Sweet antennas from all accounts and install photos I have seen. Built like a rock!! And it is a big antenna!! Falls into the Mantenna category IMO!! I still like my NV4K, but I doubt it would last like this antenna as far as taking a beating. I have talked to a couple of gents running one of these antennas and from all accounts they are happy with them hands down. That is what I was told anyway. Never heard anyone make any outrageous claims about it either other than its an HD antenna!! Other than that like I said it looks like a nice antenna and for the serious user that plans on keeping an antenna up for a while, would be worth every penny. JMHO.

Reactions: rabbiporkchop

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated