• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

SIRIO SD-27 Dipole

Hi BOOTY MONSTER

Thanks for that mate - read that one already but hopefully there will be someone else who has one or used one that can tell me what its like

Reactions: Lazybones1222
JC those Sirio SD-27 Dipoles do work very well, with a very low floor noise too. I know a few people that have tried them because they couldn't mount a vertical 5/8 wave antenna, these folk were mainly flat and maisonette dwellers.

Reactions: Lazybones1222
I think it is a really cool antenna that has real rf design behind it. No magic coil - just a good old dipole. I am going to buy one and use it vertcally for local. I could put it on the mast for the center fed inverted V doublet and have at it. :)

Lordy.....tsk tsk tsk. Biggest ripoff in RadioLand.

Not dipoles.....

but BUYING a spendy dipole

Jebus save the sheeple

MAKE ONE for God's sake

I am not one of your sheep troll. This post was about the SIRIO SD-27 Dipole. I have built plenty of antennas, but I have utilized my free volition and decided to exercise my right to buy this one. It is my money, not yours. So therefore if I want to buy it, there is no rip off, except in your narrow mind.

Take your holier than thou attitude and - well you know what you can do with it. Go post in a build your own thread. This thread is about the merits of this particular store bought antenna. If you don't mind. People like you that want to save the dumb sheep from themselves chap my a$$.

Anyway, back to the topic. Here is a pic I found of this antenna installed vertically. I am going to mount mine vertical off the mast for my inverted V ladder line fed doublet.

D27dipole.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Lazybones1222, this and any other single element antenna really needs to be in the clear and away from stuff, conductive or not.

With the bottom of this antenna close to the roof it likely produces a skewed pattern and the TX/RX signals likewise may be severely attenuated compared to it being well in the clear. Here is another bad example. The antenna works, but it works poorly in this location:

astroplaneleaningagains.jpg

I am not one of your sheep troll. This post was about the SIRIO SD-27 Dipole. I have built plenty of antennas, but I have utilized my free volition and decided to exercise my right to buy this one. It is my money.

Dangit boy. Chill out. Go spend yer money

[Lazybones1222, this and any other single element antenna really needs to be in the clear and away from stuff, conductive or not.

FWIW - if you read my post - I found that pic on the internet, it is not a pic of my installation. I don't even have the antenna yet, it IS in on the way though.

I have an SD-27 and use it for low band scanner listening,because that's basically all it's good for! On 11 meters it has 0 decibels of gain. But you can do what you wish,it your $.
n9zas

Well, I just like balanced antennas. Don't care for "magic coils" and radials. My no gain wire dipoles have served me well in inverted V and horizontal configurations. But, it is hard to get a piece of wire to stand on it's end for vertical polarization. Enter the Sirio D 27. :)

Reactions: Mudpuppy

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.