• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Small Rant

Instead of ranting why not teach. There are plenty hear willing to learn. Just sayin.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

first lesson.

hear= what you do when you are listening to your radio.

here= the place you come to talk about radios.

wait, this isnt what you meant was it. :blushing:

all in good fun. i love threads like this!
LC

Reactions: 2 people
Exactly...forget velocity factor, and the fact that a 1/4 wave vertical sholdn't have a 52 ohm feed point impedance anyways, BUT as long as the SWRS are OK I guess...

Or when people take a dipole, and lower the ends closer to the ground to bring the impedance down. Makes the SWR meter happy, but ground losses... plus it messes with the radiation pattern.

But specifically I am talking about the typical "I gotta be loud" stuff that goes on.

Some people just can't understand that RMS voltage X RMS current = AVERAGE power.

Speaking of power, WTF is a Bird watt anyway? :blink: And how many pills does it take to make 1000 of them? :laugh:

Ok. since we are on a rant adventure, the above is two words I can not stand.
Birds are a flying animal. They have no watts.
Pill, you take them when you have a head ache.

I'm just saying....:whistle:

Instead of ranting why not teach. There are plenty hear willing to learn. Just sayin.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

See the first part of post #9 in this thread. Some people want to learn, some people will learn, some people do not care to learn and never will and others are completely oblivious to facts and simply let myth and conjecture stand in for facts and truth. I got tired of trying to figure out who was who and decided to let them do whatever they wanted to do with whatever I presented. If someone actually wants to learn I will teach. If someone wants to repeat false info as if it were fact immediately after I attempt to teach them something then I move on. I have had to many concussions over the years from beating my head against the wall with lost causes.

Reactions: 3 people
HAHAHA! I love it. I honestly thought I wouldn't get this many replies. Keep it going, it would almost be fun now to have everyone state their most favorite misrepresentations, terms, myths, etc.

ok, my personal all time favorite is the one about a center loaded antenna with a big coil outperforming a full size whip.

current maxima brought up a couple of feet? ok. coil losses completely diminishing that gain? most certainly!
LC

Reactions: 1 person
Haven't you heard the bird is the word lol. A watt is a watt is a watt. Doesn't matter by what this measurement is taken with, a watt is just a watt. And I take pills for anxiety, wonder how may of those it takes to get 1000 bird watts, I could probably take 2 and tell you about some bird watts lol.

I used to think my radio was badass b/c I could talk to my friend via his TV.:LOL:

Also glad I found this site b/c I've learned a lot.

Reactions: 532woodchuck
i think its habit to some because thats what they have heard over the years . or like myself lazy typer.

and some people just dont know the proper terms cause of radio slang .
I wouldnt let it bother you . they mean no harm im sure .

"Lazy typer"? It takes one more keystroke to type SWRs rather than just SWR. All that energy just to sound smartless!

("Smartless" has replaced "stupid", according to the comic strip "Pearls Before Swine" of 3-30-14.)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated