• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Small Rant

IT STARTED LONG AGO.

As Americans, we will always choose the shortest way from point a 2 b. I heard a woman at shoprite ask the cashier if she had an extra plastic paper bag. Oxymorons are cool. Verbal diarrhea is part of being an American. Our forefathers wrote " in order to create a MORE PERFECT union. Missinformation is everywhere. Who and what you choose to believe, sometimes isn't correct.as far as information on this or any site, it all depends on who makes more sence. For me its easy, I go with the least technical and lean towards the people whose advice cuts through the technical and explains it in laymens terms.You guys really do have a sense of humor. Luv it.

... have everyone state their most favorite misrepresentations, terms, myths, etc.

I always am at a loss trying to figure out if they mean stacked yagi's or phased arrays (or even both) when people talk about a set of beams.

Haven't you heard the bird is the word lol. A watt is a watt is a watt. Doesn't matter by what this measurement is taken with, a watt is just a watt. And I take pills for anxiety, wonder how may of those it takes to get 1000 bird watts, I could probably take 2 and tell you about some bird watts lol.

This logically then brings up the debate over which is more powerful, tube watts or pill watts? :confused:

Reactions: 1 person
OH OH I got another one!

when people refer to S units as Db's.

EX: "my friend got a new amp and he now hits me 2db harder on my meter."

LC

Amps rated at final input power, then people bitching because the amp won't output that kind of power. Or how about amp builders claiming output exceeding final input power.And yes the dreaded bird watts ,as if it's been written by god himself.We had 10 bird meters in the work shop and you guessed it ,10 different watt readings.Had to have them calibrated twice a year!

Reactions: 2 people

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.