• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Snake Radio Customs calls out Mike's Radio Repair LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr. Snake doing a 980SSB and did not snip the padding resistor out but did change it maybe to a 80 or 100ohm?

Hey Tim, since i know you are reading this, here's another tip for you.

The power switch is sealed. you can't just spray de-oxit in that little mechanical area you pointed to. It does NOTHING for the contacts inside the switch.

You are so worried about making sure EVERYTHING is done so that the radio won't come back to you with problems, but you forget about one of the biggest failures of the Cobra 2000GTL chassis.

I'm not going to give all the info, but i would hope that you know exactly what this switch actually does in this chassis and why it is so important to get the internal contacts clean.

So, drill a small hole in the rear corner of the red plastic part of the switch, just big enough for your contact cleaner tube to fit.

now spray out the inside of the switch until clean, and re-seal the switch with a dab of silicon or something similar.

To everyone that had Tim do a 2000GTL for them in the past; you did not get this service done on your chassis, and if it isn't causing problems yet, it will eventually.

you do not have a radio that "is good for another 30 years", if that switch has not been cleaned, and good luck finding a NOS one.

It really is too bad that so many of his customers have different levels of service on their radios, but that is the price you pay for someone who is practicing on your radio.

Some of you are victims of his past hackery, and some of you were fortunate enough to send your radio to him after he learned one of his valuable lessons. (on someone else's radio)
In either case, none of you are getting the benefit of someone who actually knows what is needed and what is not. You are getting his best guess as to what is needed until he is taught his next lesson.

To be clear, NONE of you has a 2000GTL that had any maintenance done on the power switch. If any of you choose to call Tim and ask him about this, please post his BS response/ excuse here on the forum for our mutual amusement.
LC

Haha. that's good.

As a sidenote who is joker man?
Those videos blow me away. I think I lose brain cells watching that guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.