• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

StarDuster Antenna ??? Anyone know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebayguy

Dak IV & Galaxy DX-88HL
Oct 18, 2011
Potomac, MD
My mom got these two pieces of antenna at a flea market. They were attached, as one antenna. Another WWDX member has said that he was pretty sure that they were two different antennas. He said that the bigger, two piece, was the bottom of an old StarDuster base antenna, and the other one he believed to be a load and stinger for a Hustler, or Browning mobile. I am not sure, but it did not look to be the same antenna to me. It looked too long to have a load on it for CB, or 11 meter. If the one piece is part of a StarDuster, I would like to either sell it to someone who needs it, or buy/trade for the other piece I need!

Send a PM, or email. My direct email ebayguy@hotmail.com, or ebayguy2010@gmail.com. PLEASE NO SPAM!!!!!!

73's, and Thanks.

Attachments

• StarDuster antenna.jpg
    StarDuster antenna.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 27

OK, Here are better, and closer pics to help in the indentification.

1st pic is of course the loaded antenna. It has no markings, at all.

2nd pic is of the bottom of solid aluminum antenna. 3/8" stud.

3rd pic is of the connection between the bottom(approx 3'), and the top(approx 2')

4th pic is of the top of the antenna, and also has a 3/8" stud.

I hope this helps...

Attachments

• IMAG0422.jpg
    IMAG0422.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMAG0423.jpg
    IMAG0423.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMAG0424.jpg
    IMAG0424.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMAG0425.jpg
    IMAG0425.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 10
Is that a 3 piece antenna. Looks like a base antenna w/8x24 thread for mobiles. Are you selling this????

I believe that's a whole Hustler setup from the 70's.

It has that thick mast that fold's over so you can get it in the garage.

I was a kid and my neighbor had one of those...

it may be a hustler.
screw it into a 3/8-24 mount and sweep it with a mfj-259 analyser.
at least thats what i would do.

this extends way longer than a 108" right?

looks like it to me also . with the 3/8 stud on the bottom and no way seemingly to tap the coil im guessing its not for use on the chicken band without a tuner in line . put it on a mobile with a 259B and see where it's resonate at .....

antenna

THE COIL WAS MADE BY HY GAIN IN THE 70's- 80's they made coils for 10-80 meters plus a cb version not sure if the mast is HyGain or notlooks close to a Hustler but it is not.

RCB

Thank you. A few people had told me that it is a Hustler folding antenna, with an interchangeable resonator. The resonator that is on it, is for 10, and 11 meter. I get a perfect 1/1.1 match on all channels in 11 meter. All of my exports have been converted, so I can't check 10 meter. Under what looks to be a barrel connector, is a hinge. When I was finally able to break the connection loose, I found the hinge for a folding antenna. I cannot take it apart without taking the pin out, and I have made a deal to trade it to 15minigrass, so I am not going to take it completely apart unless that is what he wants me to do to save on shipping. It looks to be a pain to get out, and back in without the right tools, but I am pretty sure I can do it without screwing it up.

Thank you for the input. All information is appreciated very much. I have loved Ameteur Radio since I was a kid, and in my 20's got into it. I got sick with Crohn's, and had to sell EVERYTHING! I am now getting back into the hobby, and am mostly ignorant on the subject, so I do tend to ask stupid questions from time to time. Not to mention, with the medication that I take, my memory isn't what it use to be.

73's to ya
ebayguy

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated