• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stryker 955 frequency display calibrate

Define: Frequency Display Adjustment

Is the unit not transmitting or receiving (or both) on the frequency the display is showing?

Are you concerned that the Fine and or Course adjustment knobs are not straight up at the 12 noon position in reference to the frequency displayed?

Dunno.
But a Galaxy 959 and the like - as an example - will have a variable capacitor on the freq counter display board. Did you look at the schematic at all?

Last edited:
Yeah, I calibrate those galaxy displays a couple times every day. I can't find one in the 955

I've looked at the schemes, yup. I took French in 9th grade. These are in Greek.

I'm gonna zip in an email to Shawn at Stryker, or maybe Sherman. I'll post it if I find out and nobody else has yet.

frequency adjustment is done just like the Anytone and Maxlog radios in the calibration menu on the radio,,,, BUT on the Stryker radios the calibration menu is "locked out" till you put the radio in "factory" mode , Here is Factory mode Software you are looking for, run this software then have the radio hooked to the pc and select your com port, then READ, click the "factory" box and WRITE to the radio,,, the radio will now be in "factory" mode and you can go into the calibration menu on the radio and make your frequency changes

Enter testing mode:Hold COLOR and power on,adjust FREQ for rough adjust,CLAR external spindle for fine adjust,FUNC、COLOR key are used to switch between testing items.

when your done making your frequency adjustments in the BFxxx menu you can re-run the software, this time un-check the factory box and then Write to radio and this will re-lock the radio from being able to go into the test/calibration menu

Attachments

• strykerfactorymode.ZIP
    1.5 MB · Views: 413
Last edited:
Thank you. Data able: standard USB to mini USB cable?

NO! you need the cable that came with the stryker 955 it has a built in usb-serial converter and the correct usb style plug on it,,, OR (I have read) if you have a cable laying around from the Anytone / Maxlog radio's you can use that cable but then you need to remove the cover on the 955 and plug the Anytone / Maxlog cable into the board ,, there is a jumper harness on the board that runs to the back of the radio where the usb style plug is

the radio may have a usb style connector on it but it actually uses serial data

Last edited:
115 Hz is 0.115 KHz. Are you sure that's not within the tolerance limits for the instrument?

That is a considerable amount. Maybe the Stryker's display has a low tolerance but I would hope it is better than that. Although, with the amount of fluctuation I have experienced with this Stryker, it wouldn't surprise me if it moves 150hz but doesn't get reflected on the display because, well, it's a display, not a counter. Nevertheless, I would like to adjust it writhing 20kz+/- at room temperature (70-80deg).

I've been swamped but will get to it tomorrow. Thanks.

Well that wasn't fun.

I think I spent more time getting the software and driver installed and working.

Camaro, thanks for the I put. The whole "factory" check box to lock and unlock the test mode was helpful. The soft aware link enabled me to at least do that. I installed the full software version to set some features etc. Wow! The alignment process is a real process.

I think I overthought the issue with the display. Adjusting L807 to agree with the meter was really all I needed to solve the problem (ish). Although, fine tuning it in the menu is a different experience than adjusting 6 or 7 cans in a galaxy. Adjusting the BFO settings individually for am usb LSB turned out to be pretty easy after getting used to it. An entire alignment is a couple hour process but just getting the TX to transmit on the right infrequency just takes a few clicks.

Thanks for the help.

Thank you very much for the software Camero1 (y)

Yes the USB cable that came with the Stryker will work on other similar radios like the CRE 8900 and Alinco DX-10 as well. I'm note 100% sure but I believe it to be a FTDI type cable vs the cheaper Prolific or straight through USB cable types. There is actually an IC in the connector of the cable.

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/usb-adapter-prolific-vs-ftdi-chip-set

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.