• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

stryker selling a relabeled wilson 5000 ????

B

BOOTY MONSTER

Stryker SR-490HP 10 Meter Amateur Radio

sr5k.jpg

Base Load Antennas | Wilson Antennas

wilson-5000.jpg

visually they look the same and the specs and construction details look to be the same .
coincidence ? or is wilson/barjan in bed with stryker ?

I'm surprised it has taken this long for an American company to sell a rebadged Wilson.Barjan has been whoring out the design for quite a while.

Reactions: rabbiporkchop
This is common practice in many industries and has been for a long time. It's rampant in the food industry and pretty common in electronics now. I bet that antenna probably has other brand names in other countries.

How many dozens of CB's and 10 meter "export" CB's out there have the same chassis, same case and front panel functions but have a different brand name and price? These radios are still being sold with the same outdated components they had 20 years ago and for hundres of dollars!! And most are being made in the same factory; just branded differently for each retailer...Galaxy, Uniden, etc... It's amazing that people haven't caught on yet.

Now there's the flood of Chinese single and dual band ham HT's. One micro HT I can think of has at least three different brands on it. It's the same exact radio manufactured in the same Chinese factory.

This is common practice in many industries and has been for a long time. It's rampant in the food industry and pretty common in electronics now. I bet that antenna probably has other brand names in other countries.

How many dozens of CB's and 10 meter "export" CB's out there have the same chassis, same case and front panel functions but have a different brand name and price? These radios are still being sold with the same outdated components they had 20 years ago and for hundres of dollars!! And most are being made in the same factory; just branded differently for each retailer...Galaxy, Uniden, etc... It's amazing that people haven't caught on yet.

Now there's the flood of Chinese single and dual band ham HT's. One micro HT I can think of has at least three different brands on it. It's the same exact radio manufactured in the same Chinese factory.

A Chinese version of the Wilson would use lead paint and fall apart in less than 6 months.

Reactions: The War Wagon
Who is selling them yet? and how much?

I looking too, inquiring minds want to know. Perhaps I'll run across one at a truck shop soon.

I might try one if they lower priced.

Sears been doing that for years! Putting Kenmore on Whirpool appliances...

Back in the 70's Kelly Tires in east Texas would put whatever you wanted in white letters on tires...You could have your name on the sides of your tires, or whatever...You just had to special order them and pay a up-charge for the lettering.

Back in the 70's Kelly Tires in east Texas would put whatever you wanted in white letters on tires...You could have your name on the sides of your tires, or whatever...You just had to special order them and pay a up-charge for the lettering.

True..

But that was quality made shit in them days.

Whirlpool manufactures 90% of all appliances sold in the US. today, they even make the Maytag line of appliances.

LG makes the rests, mother corp is Korea.

Reactions: jessejamesdallas

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.