• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stryker slimmed down SR-447 HPC2

There are no menu and band 'buttons' on the 447HPC2, nor is there a menu function on the radio. It's all switches. Just load the programming software, choose "HF" and write to the radio. In software you can also select automatic SWR monitoring, ASQ, CTCSS if you've installed the optional board, and your choice of Roger Beeps. Once you've made your changes, switch to Band D and you're there.

Reactions: tecnicoloco and BBB
So it appears there are two options possibly. The truck stop twin resistor delete mod or the PC owner HF mod.

R297 / R299 removed, the radio I have don't have those size resistors in the video your looking at, another newer model made i guess. Remove those resistors and go to above anytone 6666 front pannel and perform that expanded frequency function, d band is cb. It took me a little bit on the front panel but it's going just fine. Need usb cable to customize radios functions, instant swr when you key up, Roger beep sounds, mod adl, etc.
Don't remove the chip resistor were it says am mod, it's not a limiter. I am done, may have to use usb cable for mod .using a silver eagle lots of mod. YRNEHS

There are no menu and band 'buttons' on the 447HPC2, nor is there a menu function on the radio. It's all switches. Just load the programming software, choose "HF" and write to the radio. In software you can also select automatic SWR monitoring, ASQ, CTCSS if you've installed the optional board, and your choice of Roger Beeps. Once you've made your changes, switch to Band D and you're there.

You mentioned "your choice" of roger beeps. Out of curiosity, because I didn't even see a switch on the radio labeled "R.B."???

Also curious what else can you do in terms of programming?

One of these little radios look rather interesting. Sounds like you can fine tune them via your PC.

You mentioned "your choice" of roger beeps. Out of curiosity, because I didn't even see a switch on the radio labeled "R.B."???

Also curious what else can you do in terms of programming?

One of these little radios look rather interesting. Sounds like you can fine tune them via your PC.

No Roger Beep switch on the radio, just in the programming. It's either off, or on with your choice of about 7 different beeps. I hate beeps so I have mine turned off. You can also turn off or on the ASQ, a display of the squelch level, and an automatic display of SWR when you key the Mike. Also you can activate CTCSS tones if you're using it on 10m FM. That and programming the extra channels are all I remember that's available to set.

Roger beep, but that's what I heard you can change different sounds, no rb function sw on radio, no mic gain hmmm, I don't no for sure we will see, my usb program cable just came in today. Seems like this should have came with the radio when I bought it, the mod is low. The vr's are microscope tiny for tuning them manualy, still here playing, be back soon. Program cable 12.95 only at stryker credit card only.

Mic gain on the 447 is concentric with the power level control, just right of the band switch. It might be that the roger beep is controled by one of the switches on the concentric control for echo gain and delay next to the channel selector, but it's not so described in the manual and I haven't tried it. If it is you can report back.

Just remove R297 and R299 d band cb, or buy the usb program cable for the swr key up in the channel selector, Roger beep sounds. 12.95at stryker, channel conversion also.

Just remove R297 / R299 d band cb. / usb program cable, swr in ch
display when u key mic. 500 Roger beeps, channel conversion, mod adj in radio vr. Anl vr for fm mod.

Those are going to be vr adjustments, (anl) and (am) they will turn full 360 so if you go to far you have to go back and start over, need a mod metrer. Turn both for best possible mod, no limiter.

Those are going to be vr adjustments, (anl) and (am) they will turn full 360 so if you go to far you have to go back and start over, need a mod metrer. Turn both for best possible mod, no limiter.
Thanks Kenny. Do you know if it is possible to adjust echo delay and timing?

I am not sure about that but I really doubt it, AND I NO WHAT YOU MEAN. Can't seem to find the right spot.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.