• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stryker sr-655HP HELP PLEASE !!!

Some people will never learn. They think that them 10 extra watts is gonna cut through the rest of the stuff and get out darnit. Crank away my friend, be advised that stryker does a pretty good job of getting their radios to the correct wattage from the factory as to not over stress the components. Simply cranking the mod limiter to its max is going to make the speech compression components run hotter and not last as long. I may have asked this already , but what equipment do you have to set the modulation to its correct level?? If nothing, then you are simply wasting your time. JMO but like posted above. Leave it alone and just use the damn thing. See what kind of reports you get. And if you really are a Decent tech, you probably wouldn't be asking where the adjustment pots are would you??? Just out of curiosity, have you looked through any of the paperwork, as I know my radio came with a full schematic and all vr pots were labeled in the radio. Good luck and god bless.

See there you go trying to be helpful and offering up some good advise. He's already made it clear he does not want to hear any of that jazzzz.

Last edited:
Reactions: 222DBFL
I just bought my stryker sr655 Hp ...hooked it in was killer ...next day I switched my antenna to the drivers side ...all my coax 18 ft ..now c.b is stuck on swr hi......don't know why......I also fc with the functions ...does anybody know if u can fc it up by hit certain functions to do that ...I hear everyone but no one hears me ...nothing is burnt inside

You changed antenna setup basically just by moving the antenna. Check all your mount points for good contact and coax for any damage. You can use a multi meter and ohm it out to see if the coax and/or connectors are good/bad. Also check the antenna itself and make sure it's tight and not damaged. A lot of variables when you move an antenna. Even though it was only a small move something has changed. Discontinue use of the 655hp and if you have a cheap radio use that to figure you your issue of needed. Don't want to burn up a 300 dollar radio when you can use a 10 dollar one for testing anyway. JMHO.

if you turn it up two much.
say by by two your finals..

Yes, and they will eventually go anyway after about two years as I recently found out. Good thing is that they are only 68 cents each from Mouser so buy a ten pack. Bad thing is that they smell pretty bad and emit a large amount of smoke when they do go :LOL:

TtXi0Hv.jpg

i've had mine for 3 years. only thing done was frequency mod. otherwise
its all factory. its a talker right out of the box. i don't get why people want to squeeze every last watt out of a already great talker.. then they wonder why they smoke the finals.

i've had mine for 3 years. only thing done was frequency mod. otherwise its all factory. its a talker right out of the box. i don't get why people want to squeeze every last watt out of a already great talker.. then they wonder why they smoke the finals.

Could be true for most, but my radio was babied from day one in a base station environment running AM mode at only a 7-10 watt DK max. I'm finding more and more, the longevity factor of these MOSFET final "export" radios just isn't there IMO. I don't mind replacing them as they are so cheap, but just having to do it at all compared to the older RF purposed devices is wearing on me.

I've been all over this form does anybody really know where the limiter is in a striker 655 for the ones that want to remove it

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated