• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stryker SR-89MC

Turbo T

Certified CB Rambo
Feb 2, 2011
Has anyone ran one of these yet? I don't see much in terms of testimonials on them and I was considering getting one for my Toyota Tacoma since it lacks any room to put a larger chassis CB in.

Thanks in advance.

I've sold about 50 of them. I've used them and got one for a buddy of mine.

2078 final inside on a massive heat sinc (???).

Power and receive are decent. Audio is very clear but is low. Perform the low carrier mod. It's simple, but get out the magnifying glasses.

I was concerned that the low carrier mod would sacrifice distance but to the contrary, it allows the listener to actually hear you transmit over the hash. Makes a much needed difference.

Move L21 to the cap toward the front and cut the little trace and add a 100 ohms resister and 470uf cap across the cut

They need to come out with a mic extension cable.
Looking forward to the mic/earphones and PTT mic.

They really need to do ssb though, the they will need to change final.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401643104.636241.jpg

CbRadiosPRONTO

Reactions: n0zna
CB Pronto, do all new Stryker SR89-MC's come with instructions that tell you how to convert the radio over to work on CB?

Thanks...well Pronto I am looking at buying a new one of these cheap that's not yet been converted. How can I go about doing this?

I've got a Stryker SR-89MC in my 2012 Jeep Wrangler. I got it mainly because of the lack of mounting options for a radio. One of the things I like about the Stryker is all of the controls on the hand held microphone are fairly easy to use while driving. The power output is great for a small transceiver. I'm only having a bit of an SWR issue with the location of the antenna and the lack of chassis RF grounding.

One of the things I like about the Stryker is all of the controls on the hand held microphone are fairly easy to use while driving. .

I like them. But the one think I hate is the controls. The volume takes about 10 seconds to turn down 20% (beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep) wait, still too loud, beep beep beep beep beep, ahh, screw it, MUTE. YES, ILL TAKE A BIG MACK, AMD SORRY ABOUT ALL THAT NOISE.

Then, to use the swuelch, it's the same cotton picking 2 buttons ( volume up and down). Ok, now what is it on now? Oh, ok, volume. Ok, let me press this toggle button, no wowt, that was the mic key up, of, no antenna, just fried it. Ok, final replaced, now where were we. Ok, swuelch control. Hit toggle button and increase squelch beep beep beep beep beep, wait it ps get louder arg. Turn back down beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep ok now hit the toggle button. Now increase the squelch by hitting volume button up. Beep beep beep beep beep beep beep. Wait, there's no noise back it down. Beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep. Where's the static? Oh crap the volume is too low. Arg. Turn up the volume. Beep beep beep beep beep...not hearing anything??? Beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep..ah crap, I'm turning up the squelch. Arg these dual controls. Ok, toggle. Now it's on squelch. Beep beep beep beep beep beep beep, wait no down, beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep... WTHeck? No static. Oh crap, the mute is on. Screw this. Hmmm. I better look at the road. Oh crap. I just ran over a heard of ducklings on the road. Stupid radio. Out the window.

But yeah, I like the radio.

Reactions: Don_Q
I just got the V2 radio, was looking online for Mod info. Seems the info is for the original radio. Any assistance might be helpful since it will save me a tankful of gas and 6 hours of time cause the alternative is to drive to Bell's

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated