• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stryker sr955

skip searcher

Nov 17, 2006
IRELAND
Anyone on the forum using one of these radios I need the lowdown as I'm considering buying one , I've seen some for sale on Amazon but have been advised not to buy as they CB be cheap copies better to go to a Stryker dealer , basically I like the output power and the layout of the radio

All I can say is my 955 hp is one loud radio. Nothing but good reports and rock solid on ssb. one of the best radios I own!!

I got in touch with a gent in
Missouri who is a Stryker dealer and registered service centre I'm going to be purchasing a radio from him , thanks

i have one. i bought when they first came out. but i don't use it. i only hooked it up to test it.
then put it in storage. with my other radios. now i only use the kenwood. or my yaesu.

Thanks fellas Ive spoke to a guy he is an approved dealer and repair shop for Stryker radios ,he has a shop in Kansas City Missouri I shall be buying the 955 through him with a warranty .

Thanks fellas Ive spoke to a guy he is an approved dealer and repair shop for Stryker radios ,he has a shop in Kansas City Missouri I shall be buying the 955 through him with a warranty .

That's a much better choice I think, what shop is it? Do they have a web site?

but the receiver is noisy as hell.thats why its in the closet. don't like noisey receivers.

I have one and they have a glitch when using an external speaker talk back comes out of it on TX when TB is turned off I posted a fix for this in the forums. Other than that I like the radio only wish it had up and down CH on mic or front panel buttons.

Reactions: skip searcher
I have a Stryker SR655, which is the 955 minus SSB.

Careful who you get one from. Some CB shops will get in the radio to make "improvements" before they put it on the shelf. Mine is currently sitting on the top bunk of my truck, until I have the time and inclination to undo the "improvements".

but the receiver is noisy as hell.thats why its in the closet. don't like noisey receivers.

Run the "Hi-Cut" filter 99.9% of the time with a big external speaker. Works like a charm. Bye bye hissssssssss.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated