• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

SUDDENLY UNABLE TO ADD PHOTOS

Sonar

Apr 8, 2016
I tried to add a few photos to a post. I've done it a couple of times already and am receiving a notification that says something to the fact that "previous option unavailable because of low low Memory." I've changed nothing on my phone (Galaxy j7) but have noticed that it's been acting just a little slow lately. Can somebody advise me on how to rectify this problem. Thanks 73

I tried to add a few photos to a post. I've done it a couple of times already and am receiving a notification that says something to the fact that "previous option unavailable because of low low Memory." I've changed nothing on my phone (Galaxy j7) but have noticed that it's been acting just a little slow lately. Can somebody advise me on how to rectify this problem. Thanks 73

Hmmmmmmm.....not sure. I know several days ago Tim was on saying the forum was out of memory space and bought more server space to accommodate it. I'll have to dig deeper.

Reactions: Sonar
Hmmmmmmm.....not sure. I know several days ago Tim was on saying the forum was out of memory space and bought more server space to accommodate it. I'll have to dig deeper.
That kind of makes sense. I am not only computer illiterate, I am also smart phone illiterate. But your statement actually makes sense to me. I don't think that the lack of memory reply I received at the bottom of the page when I tried to add a photo had something to do with my phone. You've made it a bit clearer to me that it's actually the memory of the site that might be causing me not to be able to add photos. I've been adding them for quite a while and I've never experienced this before. It happened to me trying to add a photo during a private message and a regular post on one of the form choices. Thanks for clarifying this. I'm going to go with the site running out of memory and not my phone, unless I hear differentlly. Thanks 73

OK well this may be the different part for you to hear. I just added a few photos to some current and old posts to check things and there was not an issue at all. None. If you have a lot of pictures on your phone it could be out of memory. I know I ran out of memory one time when my phone was storing photos in the on-board memory and I had to reassign it to store them on the added micro SD chip. After that no more memory issues. Not sure exactly what the problem is but it appears that the forum is working fine at least as far as I can see.

OK well this may be the different part for you to hear. I just added a few photos to some current and old posts to check things and there was not an issue at all. None. If you have a lot of pictures on your phone it could be out of memory. I know I ran out of memory one time when my phone was storing photos in the on-board memory and I had to reassign it to store them on the added micro SD chip. After that no more memory issues. Not sure exactly what the problem is but it appears that the forum is working fine at least as far as I can see.
Even though I've added photos to my posts on this site with at least as many then I had or more up until 5 minutes ago. I took your advice and removed a lot of photos. I didn't have that many to begin with but thought most of the photos that I was saving we're really unnecessary anyway. So I remove them and try it again. Unfortunately I'm getting the same message at the bottom of the page. it's stating that I can't download a picture due to low memory. I hope I didn't remove an app that I needed to complete this type of action. I did clean up my unwanted apps recently but most of them were just junk and nothing that was necessary or added to my phone by Virgin/ Android. That really sucks. I'm going to have to try to figure out what the problem is. I'm sure if this was the sights issue, more people would have brought it up. But I haven't seen any other post cleaning adding photo problems. Thanks for the info Captain. 73

OK I assume you meant UPLOAD a picture and not download. Not really sure about what you are seeing as I only use my phone online when at work and prefer to use the laptop or sometimes my tablet when I am away on vacation or camping etc. and even then I load the desktop version of the sites so it looks exactly the same as my laptop screen. I don't use any apps for web surfing especially the Facebook app. I just find them too confusing as the buttons have no titles and you have to click on them to find out what they do and that is when the BACK button comes in handy. LOL

did ya "reboot" your phone after you deleted the pics?
I am just logged out, and then logged back in thinking that might help but I'm still getting this same notification pop up at the bottom of the screen. Banks Roadskwaker.

X Unable to complete previous operation due to low memory.

OK I assume you meant UPLOAD a picture and not download. Not really sure about what you are seeing as I only use my phone online when at work and prefer to use the laptop or sometimes my tablet when I am away on vacation or camping etc. and even then I load the desktop version of the sites so it looks exactly the same as my laptop screen. I don't use any apps for web surfing especially the Facebook app. I just find them too confusing as the buttons have no titles and you have to click on them to find out what they do and that is when the BACK button comes in handy. LOL
I purchased a laptop, and printer approximately three and a half years ago. After trying to figure out how to use it. I just got frustrated and put it in the closet. A year-and-a-half ago my niece needed one for high school so I sent it to her. I found that my smartphone did exactly what I needed my computer to do. I just surf the web and use it 4 this site and maybe one or two more that I belonged to. This really sucks. I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually or somebody we'll come up with a solution but as I mentioned in my reply to Roadskwaker, it's very frustrating

Yes upload.

You did say you removed some junk apps and I am wondering if one of those apps used a file that may have been a shared file necessary to upload images. (n) I know that can cause issues sometimes even with computers. Whenever I get the warning about deleting shared files on my PC I always opt to keep those files because you never know when they may be needed. No idea if this your issue but it's just an idea. Just testing the file upload again here and it seems to work fine. This is my 5BTV vertical 17m add-on kit.

20171015_162533s.jpg

You did say you removed some junk apps and I am wondering if one of those apps used a file that may have been a shared file necessary to upload images. (n) I know that can cause issues sometimes even with computers. Whenever I get the warning about deleting shared files on my PC I always opt to keep those files because you never know when they may be needed. No idea if this your issue but it's just an idea. Just testing the file upload again here and it seems to work fine. This is my 5BTV vertical 17m add-on kit.

View attachment 21919
The apps I removed were ones that I had added recently. I was able to upload photos after I remove those apps. I'm trying all kinds of things to figure out what I could do. I'm going to see what I can do to clean up my phone a bit but I suspect this is going to be a real doozy for me. Thanks Captain 73 great looking at 10 by the way.

I can't even add photos to my album. I'm receiving the same notice.

Don't know about the Galaxy, but iPhones have a Hard Reboot in addition to the usual reboot. To do a Hard Reboot, one holds in the Home and Power buttons at the same time until the screen goes blank and the logo appears (usually about ten seconds). This often fixes problems that a simple reboot won't.

Might check and see if your Galaxy has a similar feature.

Reactions: Road Squawker

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated