• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

SUDDENLY UNABLE TO ADD PHOTOS

Have you tried to add photos on any other sites besides this one?
My internet life is very uninteresting. All I have is this site and Facebook. No issues uploading photos on Facebook. I tried everything from changing my server to adding a couple of apps that I removed. I tried once again during this reply to add a photo and I'm still getting the same pop up at the bottom of the screen. I got knocked off the site and couldn't log in for a while. I wasn't sure what I did but obviously I messed something up. At least I'm back on the site. I'm hoping I will eventually figure out why I can't upload photos. It's driving me insane. Thanks for all the replies. For now I'm going to give up. I will do some online research, and see if I could figure out what the issue is. At least I have access to the site. This really blows!

This fix has worked for some others with Galaxy phones:

Go into Settings, then Developer Tools, and uncheck the box which says "don't keep activities."

The consensus seems to be that this setting is intended for use by developers when testing their apps and not for the everyday user. Apparently with it on, all sorts of problems can arise including the one you are experiencing, resulting in the error message you are receiving.

Reactions: Captain Kilowatt
I know this photos got nothing to do with Communications equipment, but I don't have any recent photos of my station, so I just added this one to see if it would upload. Thank you very much Riverman. It obviously worked. I never would have found that out myself. At least not in a realistic time period. It might have taken me a couple of months or longer. Or a trip to the local Virgin Mobile store. Thanks to everyone else who helped. I just want everyone to know I did try everything that was suggested by every member of this site. Most excellent. Thanks again Riverman. By the way that's me during my skating days (1979.) Excellent excellent excellent. I've had problems with my phone before that I've either figured out through online searches or even a couple that the members of the site have helped me with, but this one was a real fucking doozy. 73
received_423771567991152.jpeg

Reactions: Captain Kilowatt
Thanks riverman. And glad you got things sorted out Sonar. I checked everything I could with the forum and found nothing that would cause the issue and was thinking it had to be on your end but had no idea just WHAT it could have been.

Reactions: Riverman
Thanks riverman. And glad you got things sorted out Sonar. I checked everything I could with the Forum and found nothing that would cause the issue and was thinking it had to be on your end but had no idea just WHAT it could have been.
Sometimes I'm so slow. I took a screenshot of the pop up I was getting only to realize I couldn't post it anyway LOL. I have to use the phone a little more. I think that the phone acting a bit slow and not allowing me to upload photos to this site might not be a coincidence. The phone was doing other things besides not being able to upload photos to this site that leads me to believe that the action that Riverman suggested might have fixed more than just that single issue. I'll have to use the phone a bit more to see if the way it was acting has ceased. Thanks again gentleman . 73

the last week i have been haveing trouble loading the page,,,, no where else am i haveing this problem just here,,,,, sometimes i have to stop the loading andjust start over,,,, i am on a computer,,, but like i said only on this page no others i go to,,,,

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.