• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Super DIY RF/IF Probe, and the use of one.

Instructables has plans for a do it your self interference detector from antenna to detector. I don't remember how high tech it was. I'll find it and post it here. I'm still looking for the build it yourself instructable, till then here is the ARRL method.
http://www.arrl.org/power-line

Last edited:
Mr Carlson RULES!

He's like the Mr Rogers of radio equipment repair... "C'mon in, take your shoes off and stay awhile. Warm up that soldering iron. Today we're going to dissect this here device and you're going get your learn-on. Isn't that special?"

Very relaxing :cool:

Reactions: Mudduckmobile
I just saw his "super probe" video and how it can detect a noisy capacitor or transistor without even touching it. Someone had an instructables on it with a digikey csv file for all the parts so I decided to give it a try. Now I need to make a board before the parts arrive!

I just etched the super probe board. I almost got away with no dremel touch-ups, but I see a few spots that do need help. I'm getting better at making thin gaps though! And whoever said that dry film only lasts 6 months, mine is 2 years old!

This time, I didn't order extra parts, so I bet digikey was cussing with every bag they heat sealed and labeled. The packaging cost them more, heck, just paying someone to do the packaging cost them more. If you're reading this digikey, I am very sorry! Next time I'll get a hundred of each lol.

Now for the hard part, putting those impossibly tiny parts on the board without the soldering iron eating them.

Attachments

• IMG_20230324_181919048.jpg
    IMG_20230324_181919048.jpg
    926.2 KB · Views: 47

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.