• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Super Wack Pack II

eww radioactive, just run man.. just run

another npc hacked radio. great if you want to talk over tv's and phones from 2 miles away.

I dont mean to dig up a 3 month old post but im glad i saw this post about Radio active radios.... i saw their site and being a radio noob i wasnt sure about them.

anyone who only has a phone number is questionable to me...

no address... no P.O. Box.... nothing....

I wont ever do any business with someone so affraid to publish their info.

From what Ive read... Sparky's is one shop I can trust....

swp junk and clowns at rar

not goona get into any details but the swp1 i had done to a radio i sent to RADIOACTIVERADIOS was junk. when i recieved it squeeled bad no matter what i did. i called he said it was my match. 1.2 was two high. said no sorry. so i sent back and do not remember what it was. charged another 285.00 for repair cuz whatever it was was not anything they did so no warrenty ( guess they did not catch it the first time) that was after i paid almost 400.00 for the orignal swp installed. as far as no prices he does not give them on the phone when you call he just says send it we can do it. they will give you the price when it is done 1 or 2 months later. no money no radio. if they posted their price no one would by from them. its just wrong. their work is a joke. and not to mention their warrenty.. is on their work and parts. and when you sent it to them you have to take their word for it. he will say its not our work it was somethin else no warrenty so tuff no break or anything. they are clowns and is junk . never heard or customradio and never bought from sparky good luck sounds to me like i would try sparky thanks

finally A good well repsected tech chimes in on the thread.
HELLO DTB how are you sir

Wow, this shows you how busy I've been. I'm just now replying to this, lol! Anyway, how I have been is busy.

As for the WhackPacks, 1, 2, or Super, They are basically glorified NPC modifications (as someone mentioned) . I've seen some RA radios with the finals volted (generally never a good idea) , and some without. I've seen some RA radios with AMC circuits disabled, and some where they weren't. I've never had an RA radio on my bench that sounded truly GOOD, and there have been many over the years.

I had started a thread showing photos of the signal problems caused by the WackyPacks. That thread is still up, located at http://www.worldwidedx.com/cb-band-cb-radios/22687-radioactive-wack-pack-unveiled.html

I think I may have finally seen the Super Wackpack II. A customer came in yesterday with a General Lee he'd purchased from RA. It had the usual diode at the AM regulator (NPC mod), but in addition, the NB/ANL switch had been wired across the AMC transistor through a couple of resistors. Basically he had settings for no AMC, too much AMC action, and way too much AMC action. Unfortunately, I can't be absolutely sure this is what they're doing for the Pack II, because the customer had scraped off most of the RA stickers. There was just enough sticker left to ID the radio as having come from RA.

Judging from the comments on the stupid whack packs.. Is Sparky a great guy to send SWP radio to be UN.SWP?

Thanks in advance!

The things some people will do in search of "More Power"! :LOL:

Take a good radio, let someone who knows what they are doing perform a good peak and tune and if that doesn't get it done for you, add an "Antenna Extender".

I imagine you could get a trademark on Bullshit if you tried hard enough!

Oh wait, I'm sorry, you just listed the trademark for Bullshit. :LOL:

Damn! Kidnapping? If that is really RadioHactive they would crap their pants if that got posted up over there when none of the moderators were on-line.

Man, they would throw a snit! :LOL:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.