• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

SWR METER IN RCI 2950DX

Hello 20CB110,
Like the two gentlemen said above...don't rely on them for a good reading.

How's things in Norway these day?
Usually hear you guys come Jan or Feb here on the West coast.

73's

You have to take it for what it is. Once your antenna is set with an external meter then take a reading and you will see no bars or maybe one. After this if you happen to do a spot check and get more bars then usual you know you might need to check it again on an external meter. In my case in the winter when I get 2 bars I know I have to get out and clean the ice from the antenna whip. It's not perfect but serves a purpose.

DXman said:
Hello 20CB110,
Like the two gentlemen said above...don't rely on them for a good reading.

How's things in Norway these day?
Usually hear you guys come Jan or Feb here on the West coast.

73's

Regards DXman

In Norway its good times, a lot of work for everyone, nearly no one is unemployeed.

As for DX Norway and especially the west coast where i live its good all year round. In summer i DX alot eastern Europe, Great Britain, Scotland, Irland, and of course Germany, Italy, and France. The Italians are strong with their 2000w Zetagi amplifiers.

From you over there i have good contacts jan,feb,march. Best on USB,LSB 27.400-27.700 But sometimes on ch 6 and ch19 am.

Butcher318 said:
You have to take it for what it is. Once your antenna is set with an external meter then take a reading and you will see no bars or maybe one. After this if you happen to do a spot check and get more bars then usual you know you might need to check it again on an external meter. In my case in the winter when I get 2 bars I know I have to get out and clean the ice from the antenna whip. It's not perfect but serves a purpose.

Hi Butcher318

I have checked mine against my Zetagi HP 201 swr meter and my 2950DX reads as follows both base and mobile

1.1:1 = 0 bars
1.3:1 = 1 bar
1,6:1 = 2 bars
1,8:1 = 3 bars
2,0:1 = 4 bars

My President George is way off giving way to high readings. Maybe because this meter is calibrated according to 4w and mine does 30w.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?